1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Need a new home for two cats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Vengeance, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

Hi Clutchfans

This is a difficult post to write, but Clutchfans has been a part of my life for nearly 18 years and was the first place I thought to turn. I need help finding a new home for our two cats. They are super-sweet, super-affectionate, just the nicest cats you'll ever meet. I'm very sad to be doing this, but I think it's best for them, and best for us.

Late last year, my wife was admitted to the hospital with some pregnancy complications. After 5 weeks on bed rest, our son was born at 27 weeks, and spent 10 weeks in the NICU. He did great, and came home at just over 6 pounds. He's doing well, but has some breathing issues and has had one surgery for it. So far we've kept him away from the cats as a precaution. In addition, it turns out I'm SUPER allergic to cats. I had no idea until spending all that time away from them at the hospital.

All in all, it's just become too much for me to handle. The allergies, the breathing issues, plus the fact that I'm soon to be changing jobs and traveling frequently, leaving my wife to handle all of this.

I hate myself for even considering this option. I spent four years working with cats at no-kill animal shelters, and I've lived with cats most of my life. This is not something I ever thought I'd consider and I'm embarassed to do so.

They are both neutered males, about 5 years old. They're microchipped and caught up on shots. One is orange, the other is gray. They are both really, really sweet, and they get along pretty well. They would be FANTASTIC cats for an older couple, as they really like a lot of attention.

Just PM me through the board if you, or someone you know would be able to give them a good home.

Thanks!

2. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

I will check around for you. Wish I could take them, but i'm at my limit with animals in our house. Our Petco bills are more expensive than our grocery store trips.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Congrats on your new baby and I am SUPER glad that he's on the upswing!

Sorry about the cats. Had to make my cat an outside cat when my son was born. He ended up moving in with the crazy cat lady across the street on his own. Cats and small babies don't mix.

I'm sure you'll find a good home for them. :)

If you're on the SE side of Houston I can refer you to an awesome allergy doc. Changed my life.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Might have a home for them. Do the cats have a history of scratching furniture?

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I know a guy who will take them. He adopts cats all the time, his house probably looks like a old widow lady lives there, but I have never been. The only pet he really talks about is his reticulated python.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vengeance

Vengeance Contributing Member

They aren't SUPER bad about it, but they definitely will go at a couch. We used to have a cat tree, and that was a deterrent, but only somewhat.

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I already have too many, but pictures might help you find a home.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good luck and congrats! Nice to see your name!