1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tourney Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 11, 2007.

1. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

I am so happy gtown won, they were down 11 and just came back and shut them down completely. I'll admit they got some help from the refs down the stretch, but they were getting hammered by them in the first half. However, OT was all them and UNC couldn't do anything to stop them.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

help from the refs? Eh, not anymore than UNC did.. pretty evenly called I thought all game. Some non-calls both ways. UNC couldn't rebound down the stretch or in OT, and they couldn't hit their contested J's (or, the occasional uncontested J). They also went away from penetration..whether b/c of defense or lack of trying, it's hard for me to say.

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

Yeah, Packer explained the rule on air today. Somehow I was not aware of it. Learn something new every day.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Never seen such a big freeze on offense during a late tournament game since Kentucky went ice cold against Georgetown way back in Patrick Ewing's day. I hesitate to say UNC choked in regulation because they didn't look like they were in choke mode. I didn't sense any panic until they were down by 4 in OT. At that point, they started spiraling and their offense looked herky jerky.

5. geeimsobored

geeimsobored Contributing Member

Go Georgetown, my bracket is still on life-support thanks to them

6. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Help from the refs? UNC shot way more freebies.

What's up with the big Georgetown center? He had a decent game today. If he can bring it against Oden and then in the championship game he will really pump his draft stock.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

As an NBA prospect, Hibbert doesn't impress me much.

8. kaleidosky

he's got great hands, good size, solid blocking shots.. potential at least. I'd think above-average backup 5 if he can be conditioned to run the floor and all

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He's impressed me about as much as Oden has. Hibbert was a beast in the paint today, blocked a ton of shots and he's got great hands. He'll be solid in the nba

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Did anyone get all final 4 teams right? I got 2

11. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I got all four on my one paid game bracket. Got them wrong on all my yahoo brackets. :) Hopefully Florida wins the tournament because then I will win 190 bucks

12. kaleidosky

i got 3.. my sis in law got all 4...of course. the person you don't expect

13. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Ya, I spoke too soon. UNC choked big time!

14. Jimes

Jimes Member

Wow, Hayesfan, exact same as me as I got all 4 and need Florida to win to get about 200. Fortunately, I did the "put all your eggs in one basket" strategy this year and picked the same bracket on ESPN and twice on Yahoo.

Who do y'all think is most likely to win from here on out? GO GATORS.

15. kaleidosky

Florida losing guarantees me some $$ ;) go non-gators!! haha

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

bill simmons wrote a column on this. the guy has been doing it for at least thirty years straight. simmons has the exact year. he's the only guy in sports with that kind of streak calling championship games. and this is through different networks.

I have hated this guy since I can remember, he seems so negative and mr. know it all. but one thing I have to admit, he knows his basketball. after listening to a guy like clyde drexler ramble through the obvious for a couple of years, it makes you appreciate a guy like packer. but then again its not like no one else could it. but I just want to make the point that personality aside, he does a hell of a analysis, it just has no color. the only saving grace about the "color" aspect is that he is extremely opinionated so that will keep your interest.