1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tourney Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 11, 2007.

1. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

not even sure if the guy got it off in time but oden made sure my bracket stayed alive. i really thought osu had no chance. it wasn't like tenn was just hitting, they were completely outplaying ohio state. and then i see it's down to 7 4 minutes into the second half and osu has the lead w/ 8 to go and i watched the last 3 minutes. that guy lofton just doesn't miss big shots it seems.

my bracket has just been ridiculously lucky this year. 20 point comebacks and 9 point comebacks for osu, ku edging siu, mem edging a&m, vandy to the sweet 16, all the 1 seeds alive when at least 1 is usually gone. damn.

2. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Well, I had OSU winning this game against Tenn, anyway, so no big deal. Memphis better play "bracket ruiner" on Saturday, though.

3. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

2 potential classics the next 2 days- bigtime matchups

UCLA vs. Kansas
    North Carolina vs. Georgetown

4. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

i cant believe that the refs didnt catch that obvious double pivot travel by green. whats even worse is that jackhole packer saying it wasn't a travel when it is by far one of the easiest travels calls possible. I wasnt even looking at his feet and i knew he double pivoted by the motion of his body. ridiculous I would be really upset if i was vandy right now.

i cant remember a tournament where the refs have been beyond ridiculous. There have been waaaaaaaay too many games decided by the refs, either by cheap ticky tack calls under 10secs in a tie/1pt game or by missing obvious violations.

my bracket is shot thanks to a&m, but i dont care as long as my bruins go all the way.

5. Locke

Locke Member

I went to the Vandy vs. GTown game.
    It was like getting punched in the nuts.
    However, I got a cool hat and had a blast until the last 14+ seconds.

6. Rocket Fan

Rocket Fan Member

As a Vanderbilt graduate, I was REALLY rooting hard for Vandy in that game and loving how they were playing against Georgetown.

Of course,that was a tough ending. They were so close to advancing and certainly wish they were advancing in the tournament.

It was a good year for Vandy and an exciting tournament. They had a very nice year.

7. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

The hilarious thing is that the studio guys think it's a travel because his right pivot foot shuffled a little bit. They zoomed in and showed in slow motion. Uh, guys, the move itself is fundamentally and unquestionably a travel. He switched pivot feet! Why does no one mention this?

8. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

As a Hoya fan, although I'm glad they won, I feel bad for vandy who played their hearts out in most of the game to not get such an obvious call in the last second. Vandy had the upper hand when they were destroying gtown in the first half, but gtown managed to get back control quickly in the second half.

However, when hibbert fouled out and the guards were ignoring Green, vandy should have put it away should never have let gtown get so close.

9. The_Yoyo

my bruins baby back to back final fours, hopefully they can finish it off this year!

10. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

I hope so too, they can start by getting revenge on that pu$$y Joakim Noah and Florida. UCLA's defense is just suffocating, and Afflalo was superb tonight. If they play the same way they will handle Florida.

UCLA vs. North Carolina - what a matchup that could be

11. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

12. The_Yoyo

what was sucks is that packer is doing the final 4 games i think he has some long long streak announcing them.

as for the games tomorrow i will be rooting for oregon and unc. Florida does present matchup programs for us (ucla that is) but i do believe our mental makeup and team defense has vastly improved over last year even though our individual talent has dropped (losing 3 starters, 2 of them seniors from last years team)

i am still upset at how easily gt is getting a free pass on the travel i see it on a lot of "plays of the days" and its just brushed off or jokingly said oh yeah so he got a travel. while unc may have made their run against usc thanks to some questionable calls against taj gibson hansborough was also in foul trouble. i want gw to lose because i feel they moved on because of a bad no-call and do not deserve to be there.

oh yeah though todays ucla game was one of the most exciting games i have seen in some time the defense on both sides was just simply amazing and intense. made each and every possesion all the more important. hopefully afflalo rides this great game into the final four and beyond.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I want Oregon to beat Florida but part of me wants to see Oden matched up against Horford again. I want to see if Oden gets shoved around like a rag doll again. Facing Florida is more representative of what Oden would face at the NBA level, where his physical dominance won't be so pronounced.

14. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ohio State loses to Florida, again :(

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

my bracket got massacred.

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

same here, but my final 2 teams still remain: UCLA vs. Georgetown

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Make that only UCLA .

18. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

don't speak so quickly. i have UCLA, GU, and OSU still.. let's go georgetown!!

19. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

So what's your take on the rule book saying that the pivot foot can be lifted as long as it doesn't touch the ground again before the shot is released? You're bitter about a play that seems to be quite legal according to the official rules

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just like ABOVE THE RIM!
    GEORGETOWN!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJM5iX6z3lY"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oJM5iX6z3lY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>