1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA Tourney Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Fatty FatBastard, Mar 11, 2007.

1. Fatty FatBastard

Fatty and Texas Tech are in. According to my bracket predictions, Tech should make the Elite Eight.

Thoughts? Texas got a 4 seed. Not sure where A&M is.

2. Major

Major Member

A&M's in the South (San Antonio), which means basically they have home court advantage over the 1 seed (and 2 seed, if they are a #3). That's a nice setup for them if they can get through the first weekend. When Texas played in SA a few years ago, the whole place was burnt orange.

3. Fatty FatBastard

A&M got a 3 seed.

4. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

college ball blows

5. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

nope, you are wrong.

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks for the wonderful contribution. :rolleyes:

How did Stanford get in over Kansas State? I'm somewhat bummed that I'll probably miss UT's second game, but on the flipside, I will be in Philly with my wife celebrating her great-grandmother's 94th bday!

7. BrieflySpeaking

the ratings have been going down the last couple years so im not the only one who thinks that :cool:

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Good for you. Why do you keep clicking on this thread if you think college basketball sucks?

I'm happy the committee gave the fourth #1 seed to KU instead of UCLA. I could see their second round game being tough, though.

9. BrieflySpeaking

i dunno, im pretty bored..

10. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

Texas A&M a 3 seed, they'll be dangerous, I think they'll come out of their bracket.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

My official prediction:

HOYAS[/SPOILER

12. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Gotta go with UNC.

13. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Texas got a tough bracket, but that is more dangerous for UNC than anything.

My Ags have a mixed bag draw, but I think it will work out great. They would basically have home games in the regionals if they can get there which sucks for Ohio State, but oh well :)

The danger for the Ags is that they would likely face Louisville in Kentucky in the 2nd round. That could be real dangerous being that it will basically be a home game for the Cardinals and they have been hot lately.

I think KU got screwed the most. #1 seed out West and may have to play UCLA in California in the Elite 8. That could be tough.

14. Plowman

Supporting Member

I think they got it right with UNC,Fla.,and Ohio St.

I just don't see Kansas as being in their class.

Memphis COULD get on a roll and take down Ohio St.
    That will likely be a fantastic game if those two play.

With respect to Oden and Ohio St......I still like UNC over Fla.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Kansas is imo clearly the most talented team in the country, moreso than any of those three. There's a reason they've absolutely dominated almost everyone they've played and had two incredible comebacks against red-hot and extremely talented Texas teams.

That said, they got a terrible draw. UCLA is a bad matchup for them anyway with Collison (KU thrives off of ball pressure and transition) and they have to play them in California. That's tough.

imo, UT got one of the better brackets. UNC essentially got a No. 1 by default with all the other contenders (UCLA, Wisconsin, A&M) choking down the stretch. They don't play much defense and were mediocre down the stretch against a less-than-normal ACC. Washington State has to be one of the weakest 3 seeds in tourney history. Georgetown scares the hell out of me, but other than tha, that bracket is not very tough. The No. 5 (USC) got absolutely annihilated yesterday.

My initial lean among sleepers is Winthrop... they've got a good setup. Notre Dame hasn't shown a whole lot, and while Oregon has talent, they don't have the kind of size that can overwhelm a smaller conference team. If they get to the second weekend, Wisconsin doesn't score enough to really blow teams out, although clearly they'll be favored.

I also think Virginia Commonwealth is a very good team and a good bet to get out of round one. They thrive off of ball pressure and aggressive guard play, and against Greg Paulus (Duke) that's a definite good sign.

16. Plowman

Supporting Member

I look at KU's schedule and it doesn't speak of future greatness.

While improved the Big 12 is also overrated IMO and still not on par with the ACC or Big Ten.

Yes,I understand the 1 seeding,but think they will fall well short.

The Tarheels are DEEP with their young bench guys being future studs.

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

imo the Big 10 is the biggest fraud of all the conferences and is clearly weaker than the Big 12... but obviously, I can't prove that at this point. We'll have to see how the tournament plays out. I'm also suspicious of the ACC, but again, we'll see.

18. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

CAN I GET A WOO PIG SOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIE. I still am somewhat surprised we got in after that smackdown that Florida put on us -- but I'll take it and I like the match up we got in the first round of the tournament.

19. Plowman

Supporting Member

True in the past about the Big Ten(Pac 10 too),but not sure about now.

Anyway I'm ecstatic that March Madness is here as the Tournament is still my favorite sporting event.

20. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

I'm happy that the Hogs got in but I don't think they belong. I hope they get out of the first round so we can see a Texas-Arkansas matchup in round 2.