1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Tech vs. OU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fatty FatBastard, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RedRaiderRocket

Because your dealing with Texas fans. They will spin everyway to win their argument. In the end every team has a case to be ahead in the standings. The only thing favoring Texas right now is they beat Missouri at home when talking in this 3 way tie. They beat OU, we beat Texas, OU whooped us.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

and what would happen if Texas played OU in Austin?

seriously, what kind of question is this?

3. RedRaiderRocket

And Texas barely hung onto beat a OSU team that Tech crushed. Texas is a good team, but not great by any means. They have an ok defense with no running game. If Texas were to play OU again this year OU would win hands down IMO. Their best player Murray got injured, and as we saw last night what a game changer player he is. People are going to make the neutral site argument all day, but maybe we should write college sports and tell them to get rid of the whole neutral site concept, or have every game be played on a neutral site.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

I'm saying UT hasn't faced a challenge like Tech did last night prety simple

5. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Tech fans, listen. When you play a soft OOC schedule with TWO FCS teams, you have to go undefeated otherwise you will get punished. Also, when you lose ANY game by this much you are out of the NCG picture. Thus, the argument comes down to OU vs. UT. Those teams have already played and UT won. That's the argument.

6. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

so now tell me how ou has fared away from norman this year?

7. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Nobody. They have their shot next week.

8. Major

Major Member

Except a non-conference schedule has no bearing on who had a better conference season, which is what you're arguing about when trying to decide who should win the B12 South.

9. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Actually, I seem to remember one game away from Norman in early October. Some team called the Longhorns or something... Can't remember who won though...

10. halfbreed

I'm arguing who should be ranked higher. I don't really care about the Big 12 South or Big 12 CG.

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

If OU jumps UT in the BCS, and right now it seems like a coin flip.

Then loses at Stillwater it will have rendered the B12 Championship game irrelevent...how wild is that?

DD

12. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

I can say the same thing about the Texas-TTU game, as UT wasn't at full strength, either. Texas was without its best defensive player (for the second half) and its best wide receiver for the full game. Or have you conveniently forgotten that?

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

The BCS ratings are going to decide who goes to the Big 12 Championship game if we have a 3-way tie (which it seems that we will) so the non-conference schedule will have a bearing on who goes.

14. Fatty FatBastard

Actually, Tech still has a chance of being in the NC. If OU loses to OSU, Tech goes to the Big XII championship. If we win, we should go. If we lose, UT should go.

I still see a Big XII team in the NC, regardless.

15. Major

Major Member

Absolutely - it *will*, but that's because the B12 ran out of tiebreakers and decided to put it up to the voters. But if you're arguing about who *should* go, then you should be looking at the conference schedule only, because that's what is supposed to be used to determine a conference winner.

16. halfbreed

There's no way voters put Tech anywhere near the title game after that pounding last night. No way.

17. Fatty FatBastard

As I stated, if OU loses, and we win out, Tech is in.

But last night was awful. If our offense sputters to a good team, it is over for us, period.

18. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

While that logic makes sense, I do not see it happening for Tech. Even if they win, UT (if they beat A&M) will be no lower than two in the BCS rankings (with an OU and Florida/Bama loss.) The BCS championship takes the #1 and #2 teams regardless. Barring an unprecedented voter switch, Tech will not be able to get in that #2 slot. I just do not see them jumping USC and Texas (and potentially Penn State and Utah... who could also be ranked ahead of them in the BCS) two games removed from an embarrassing nationally televised loss.

Fair, probably not. The Big XII champion should probably logically play in the National Championship. But this is the BCS. Fairness has never played a big role.

19. Fatty FatBastard

You could be correct, if we win out, it could be a 50-50 shot with UT. Hadn't thought of that.

Regardless, we ALL get to root together for OSU next week!

20. Baseballa

Baseballa Member

Agreed. GO COWBOYS!