1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NCAA Football] Tech vs. OU

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Fatty FatBastard, Nov 16, 2008.

1. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Lovin' it when you kick your own ass, again. That was too funny!

So, I sat home with the girlfriend, friends and family to watch the game instead of going to a bar. Exactly how is that an insult? Seriously dude, you are a friggin' r****d.

Thanks for taking me off of "ignore". :)

2. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

I gotta agree with him. Seems like every thread he posts in, not even, mentions someone attacking his personal life. Someone even mentioned him in that suicide thread.

I dont care for fatfat or whatever, but it is really getting annoying that there are like 20 posters out there that wont stop talking about him IN EVERY SINGLE ****ING THREAD.

Yall need to calm down and stop worryin bout someone that only exists on the ****in internet...

3. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I think the most important thing now is that we all go take a good long pee. Because if we don't, then we pee on ourselves... and eachother.

OUTGROUP.

4. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I never read the suicide thread, but if you're man enough to post your personal life on a message board, be prepared to suffer the backlash. Dip**** started this thread and played with the insults as usual, she just can't take the verbal jabs back as easily as most of us.

She wants to FIGHT!

lol. :rolleyes:

#244 LonghornFan, Nov 23, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  5. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

6. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

EXACTLY. Get the hell off the guy. Talking about MacBeth is historical and funny. Fatty FatBastard is a current member of the site, a fellow Rocket fan, and a human being. Making jokes about him in every freaking thread he posts in is a personal attack, and not really that funny (especially after the 25th time).

Attack someone's school - fine. Just lay off the personal attacks. Nobody else here wants to read the back-and-forth when he responds. It's classless and doesn't contribute to the board.

7. codell

codell Contributing Member

You must be new here. Fatty is your classic "will dish it out, but can't take it" type poster. :confused:

8. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Wow Tech didn't show up... I'm dissapointed but know knows what happens. OU could easily lose on the road to OSU and that puts Tech in the Big 12 title game still an hell of a year.

Tech national titles hopes are likely gone but who knows Nebraska got drummed on the road by Coloroado and still made it so who knows what the bcs will do. An upset here an upset here and maybe theres a chance...

But seriously I have two questions...

1. Who has UT beaten on the road? I've seen several comments about how Tech was exposed on the road. Isn't your best win on the road Kansas as well?

2. Why is there aTm fans here? Didnt you lose to freaking Arkansas State? C'mon now Tech passed up aTM in football a loooooong time ago and the gap is only getting bigger. Get a freakin clue

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow. I figured OU would win, but I didn't see that coming. That was more humiliating than what happened to us in Austin. :( It's going to be interesting to see how this is perceived. In a round robin format, Major is right -- from a logical perspective, OU has the most impressive resume. I don't think voters will look at it that way, though. I think Tech's performance last night was so bad that it essentially took them out of the equation, and put the spotlight squarely on UT and OU.

So, my thoughts are the same as they've been for the past three weeks -- I think Texas controls its own destiny. I think today's polls are going to be very close -- I'm guessing slight advantage OU in the coaches, slight advantage UT in the Harris -- with UT holding the BCS advantage due to the computers.

With that said, I think OU is maxed out in the human polls after today. Voters are emotional -- it's why Texas took such a hard fall immediately after losing to Tech, but they had a correction the next week. There are going to be a lot of voters -- especially coaches, who often don't fill out their own ballots -- who react emotionally to the dominance OU displayed last night against a good opponent.

But in the final poll, you'll get a much bigger season evaluation. You'll also have all the politicking that goes on over Thanksgiving weekend, including a primetime appearance for UT on ESPN where they will likely win by 50. I think today is close in the human polls, but UT leads in both in the final polls next Sunday.

10. Major

Major Member

I agree with this - we'll have a good sense of where we're going to be by this afternoon. Almost anyone who wants to put OU over TX is going to do it this week. I doubt OU gets any more separation in the polls next week, though they will make more progress in the computers if they beat OSU. If we're up or tied in the human polls this afternoon, we should be in really good shape. If we're slightly behind, it will be dicey and depend on the computers next week and maybe how OU/OSU vs. UT/A&M go in terms of style points. If we're well behind, it's going to be tough/difficult.

11. Franchise3

Franchise3 Member

That's the best way to do it. Harrell's completion % falls to about 35% when he doesn't have his feet set.

12. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

UT lost one game on the road, in the last second and was a dropped INT from winning. UT was also down 19 at half and fought back like a good team does. Tech rolled over.

Tech was out of this game as soon as the ball was kicked. UT didn't get exposed on the road. Tech did.

13. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

UT fans are basically screaming how TT was overrated/exposed last night/put back in their place/etc etc...

Now I'm hearing that UT barely lost to that same Tech on the road is part of their argument on why should be in over OU.

Sorry that makes 0 sense

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm gonna let you think about this a little longer... i know you can figure it out.

15. halfbreed

halfbreed Contributing Member

Teams always play better at home. To prove you're a legit team, you have to play well away from home. Texas has played well in all of their road games and won a neutral site game against OU.

Tech lost in their one shot to show they can play well on the road. If Tech loses by 7, there's a chance both Tech AND OU are ranked ahead of UT today given that OU would have simply covered the spread.

There's no way Tech is going to the NCG now unless all other one-loss teams lose because Tech's lost is the worst of the bunch. Even then, you might see Utah get in the NCG.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Bad sign for Texas in the AP -- Oklahoma jumps to 3, with a 1486 to 1482 lead. It's not bad if this were the only poll -- that's a virtual tie, and Texas will likely lead in the computers, even if OU beats OSU.

Yes, the AP doesn't matter. The problem is, Texas had a higher lead in the AP than it did in the Coaches or Harris, and it's an indicator that the head-to-head argument may not be as persuasive as I thought. We'll see when the polls that matter come out.

17. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Oh I'm not making any case for Tech to be in the title game. Although I think they a solid case if OSU beats OU and Tech beats Mizzou..But thats just me they will need a hell of alot more to have a chance...

I'm just not understanding all the Tech is crap talk. And how they barely lost Tech is part of UT's arguement...

18. RedRaiderRocket

I agree that Tech's shot at a NC game and that had we made it an interesting game we would of had a slight chance. People are going to point out to that interception which is true but had Britton caught that wide open touchdown in the first that would not have mattered. Tech did get exposed, we got dominated on both ends. Oh well, life will go on. I still think Texas is overrated, and like Tech are fortunate to play their tough opponents at home.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

UT beat Oklahoma, on a nuetral field.

UT is one of the best college teams in the country...Tech is a good team, but not on their level.

DD

20. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

And what would happen if UT played OU in Norman? Rather than Dallas Texas?