1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NCAA FOOTBALL 2004

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Lpya2, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

Well i know yall had a thread 4 this but i was wondering how do u make recruits go to your school i always get left off with the 3 stars dudes. And i need som 5 stars blue chips to make my team better. I used Rice and no 5 star blue chips dont ever want to come to my school. I think cause rice is a cheap school but some dont care about the location, that be cool if i could offer cars and houses and stuff.

2. vangundy

vangundy Member

Go after only guys whose interest is "high" or "very high". Then load up on visits. You're better off using up all of your points on 15 guys, than spreading it out over 25 guys.

IMO, it's too easy to recruit in this year's version. 2003 was too hard, because it seemed like a recruit would randomly screw you over, after favoring you for 4 weeks.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

If you could offer cars and houses, then it would be realistic.

4. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

Yeah, are there any rules violations that you can be put on probation for?

I would have too much fun with that.

5. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Also after each round get the feedback from the recruit to see if your proposal (location, prestige, coaching, PT) is working. If not try somethig else.

But as others have said load up on the guys who are interested in you and fill your holes (ie if you only have 1 guard you better find a good freshman who can play, unless you have an extra center or tackle that you can slide down)), then if you have any points left over then chase a couple of the big named players.

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That actually would be cool if you could break the rules. You could go "SMU-style" and see if you get caught.

How is everyone handling the rosters? Anyone use the action replay for Lindner's rosters? Anyone mailed him a memory card and got it back yet?

I mailed mine to him today.

7. Lpya2

Lpya2 Member

I mailed my memory card to linder like three weeks ago on a monday and i got it on the same week on the friday so mailing is better than wasting 30 dollars to buy a sharkport when it doesnt even work you need the proper version of the Ps2.

8. Poloshirtbandit

Any of you play online? If so, what is your user name?

Mine is Polo Bandit