1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA players reaction to news on Bin Laden

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by whathappened, May 3, 2011.

1. whathappened

whathappened Member

http://allball.blogs.nba.com/2011/05/02/nba-players-react-to-osama-news/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

It’s a big day in the USA, with the news breaking last night that the U.S. military finally got public enemy No. 1, Osama bin Laden.
    As with any big event nowadays, the bulk of the country took to social media to share their thoughts and feelings on the historic news — and that includes professional athletes.
    Many NBA players had a reaction to the news, spanning a wide range of emotions and reactions to a day that many will never forget.
    Patriotic:
    @MrJonBrockman (Jon Brockman) Ain’t that America! http://plixi.com/p/97962774 (photo above)
    @jtthekid (Jason Thompson) Shoutout to ALL the Troops n Soliders That Sacrafice Their Lives to Make Us ALL Safe!! Luv Yall n I Saluate You!! #USA. Yessir
    @hdubb21 (Hakim Warrick) Ok on a serious note #salute to all of our branches of the military….
    @mopete24 (Morris Peterson) Tonight is a great night for our country…..
    @Leon_Powe (Leon Powe) We got Bin Laden, this is a Historic day for the U.S.
    Euphoric:
    @KingJames (LeBron James) #WoW!! Obama words are earth moving and inspiring.
    @ATolliver44 (Anthony Tolliver) Unbelievable…we finally got Bin Laden! Thats some GREAT news to wake up too
    @DeJuan45 (DeJuan Blair) LOL GOT eeemmmmmm!!!
    @Hoya2aPacer (Roy Hibbert) Obama’s swag is thru the roof!
    @mogotti25 (Mo Williams) We got his ASS. Osama Bin Laden is DEAD………..wow Obama that’s impressive
    Humorous:
    @SteveNash (Steve Nash) Since we caught Osama do I still have to take my laptop out at security?
    @rudygay22 (Rudy Gay) Ok so we killed Osama. Now all we have to do is find Waldo and Carmen San Diego! Then I will be impressed!!!!
    Contemplative:
    @George_Hill3 (George Hill) I’m glad we found him cause he deserved to get whatever he got for what he did the world hasn’t been the same since then…..
    @mikejames7 (Mike James) The only worry Osama has now is his judgement day came.that’s what we all should worry about is our own judgement.none can run or hide 4eva
    @BooBysWorld1 (Daniel Gibson) An Amazing victory for the families who lost someone close from those tragic coward attacks.. #PrayedUp
    @TheReal_TMAC (Tracy McGrady) to the families that lost loved ones on 9/11, we keep you in hearts and prayers
    @CDOUGLASROBERTS (Chris Douglas-Roberts) It cost us (USA) roughly $1,188,263,000,000 to kill that………..guy. But we #winning though. Haaaa.
    (Sarcasm)
    @jrich23 (Jason Richardson) Now that we have confirm deaths on both Bin Laden & Sadam a few yrs ago, can they bring all of out troops home now?
    And…
    @ReggieEvans30 (Reggie Evans) I feel like that dude Osama Bin Laden is not dead.

2. MONON

MONON Member

Sounds like a cross section of America.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I'm surprised to find T-Mac's reaction to be the most thoughtful/graceful.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

Is Reggie Evans a certain member on this BBS?

5. Prince

Prince Member

The ironic thing is, Bin Laden and his family were watching the NBA playoffs when they were killed. ;)

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Bad attitude in basketball doesn't mean you have a bad attitude as a human being.

It's a concept a lot of people haven't recognized yet.

7. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Why? Basketball aside, he seemed to be good guy off the court. Remember when he went to Darfur was it for the summer?

8. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I remember posters complaining that he didn't donate enough money and he was doing it for his own self image.

9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Paul Pierce's

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  10. redao

redao Member

Sounds like all Americans are worked up by the media.

11. Mr. Space City

did garnett finally give that ballboy his autograph :confused:

12. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

These are my favorites lol

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Irreverent as Rudy Gay's was, I laughed.

14. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

He also organized the Katrina charity game and has his annual charity softball game.

15. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

so steve nash thinks now that osama is dead there will be no more need of security checks..lol smh

16. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

Reggie Evans is a bright young men.

17. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hope you were being sarcastic towards Steve's sarcasm.

18. AB423

AB423 Member

Rashard Mendenhall from the Steelers tweeted this ""What kind of person celebrates death? It's amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We've only heard one side..."

What a moron...

19. DollarBill

DollarBill Contributing Member

he said that? wow. you are right. what a moron he is!

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Funny how some people would talk about Obama when it's all about Osama.