1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Is Rigged? Fan Shows Some Suspect Proof The NBA Needs Lakers In The Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAFIRMA22, Apr 2, 2013.

1. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

ok i said always but in my second post I said I have only followed the recent drafts...and in my mind I was speaking on the last few drafts my bad.

2. basketballholic

One thing that is happening over and over again in the league with no particular bias is the refs are swallowing their whistles on the last play. It is getting to the point where it looks like a football game or a wrestling match out there when the game is in the balance on the last possession. The Rubio/Kobe clip is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. It has gotten so bad that if I were coaching or playing on the offensive side on that last possession, I would simply find my best ball handler/finisher, have the two bigs set moving picks for him to shield the D and let him crash right into the paint to get to the rim. If the D can hack and push on that last possession then you've simply got to force the ball to the rim irregardless of the rules and put the officials in a position where they have to swallow the whistle for real or make a call.

Now, if they start make charging and moving screen calls on those last possessions, what are they going to have to do with the defensive pushes and hacks???

3. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

"It's happened before" does not make it less of an extraordinary claim. You've provided no evidence, just simple minded speculation that doesn't even contradict statistics & probability or the safeguards in place to ensure no tampering is present.

4. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Incompetent refs =/= outright rigging of a multibillion dollar enterprise

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What happens when these bad calls all favor one team in key moment?

Look at that Sacramento game? Those were HUGE calls and both horrible terrible calls.

6. megastahr

http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/f13/nba-draft-lottery-rigged-proof-inside-135422.html

just saying...the video keeps getting pulled off youtube every time it goes up...but here is proof of the older drafts apparently.

If they have have been screwing with the draft this long... then they have had plenty of time perfect the art of fixing it to looking unfixable.

Its like the best way design a prison is from the inside out...anyways just saying. Its much easier to set something up to be rigged and look impossible if you are the ones designing the security measures in the first place. So no matter how hard it would be...doesnt mean anything.

Anyways I am not going to keep aruging with yall on this...I believe its rigged. I can tell by the draft results, and the the preferential treatment of the big name teams, the trades vetod, and mostly how the ref calls games for teams like the lakers.

7. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

nothing says league rigged conspiracy theory like a fan made video on youtube

8. megastahr

i really dont care honestly...common sense says nba is corrupt. If you people dont have it ...they dont have it. Cant prove that. Thats obvious in politics.

The only reason I said anything was to say if magic get it itd be the exact scenarios of the last 3 years and it would be just ridiculously obvious.

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What are you talking about?

I'm not even trying to get into this whole argument but if you want evidences then look at Tim Donaghy. That's evidence for the "extraordinary" claim.

So no, it's not "speculation".

10. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Wouldn't the ultimate evidence be that the Lakers are holding on to the 8th seed? Oh, right.

Huge game against Dallas tonight, let's see what happens.

11. basketballholic

This particular issue is not a competent/incompetent issue nor is it a Laker thing. It's an issue that is determined by the league office. They've mandated letting the play go on the last possession by allowing the situation to develop and not doing anything about it. I'm very confident that they have instructed the officials to just let the game be decided on the floor without a whistle. I've seen it over and over. Defenders can literally knock the shooter to the floor with no call.

Just think about it. When is the last time you seen a foul called on a shooter at the end of the game and the game be decided by free throws with no time left? It's been...years. I can't remember the last one. Yet week after week after week we have buzzer beaters made and missed. You mean in the middle of all those shots there is not one foul committed??? You mean they call moving screens the whole game and nary a moving screen at the end of any of these games over the years? Guys pump fake defenders at the 3-point line, move into them and get the foul called an go to the line for 3 shots yet it NEVER HAPPENS at the end of games??? Defenders closing out on shooters barely graze them after they release the shot and they get rung up yet on the last shot they can knock the shooter to the floor and nothing is called? How many fouls on average are called during the first 47 minutes and 55 seconds of NBA games and yet there are no fouls called during the last 5 seconds of a tie game or a game where the team with possession is down by 2 or less??

They've swung the pendulum way to the other side by not calling fouls now. It used to be the other way. They were calling fouls so tight that at the end of games the defense might as well just stand around and watch the opponent launch the game deciding shot. Now it's the other way. We're seeing all sorts of mess on the floor during those game-deciding shots and nothing is ever called. Personally I don't like it. Call the game consistently all the way to the final buzzer. If you're gonna call all those bs moving screens, then call them in the final seconds. If you're gonna call all those touches on shooters, then call them in the final seconds. If you're gonna call offensive charges, dislodging, hands, 3-seconds, etc. the whole game, then call it in the final seconds.

To me, it makes a joke of the whole game when they change how the game is officiated in the final seconds and most crucial possessions of the game. It turns the whole game into a huge crap shoot at the end not decided by skill and strategy but by sheer luck. I do not like it. Can you tell?

1 person likes this.
  12. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Rep'ed, this represents my ire with the NBA in the last few seasons as it has become increasingly common. Painfully obvious fouls are simply ignored even when it happens RIGHT in front of a ref. I've had friends who have never seen a NBA game in their life be able to tell ****s are fouls.

13. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I just pray our last game of this season has no significance

14. TheresTheDagger

Isn't it curious that these types of calls never seem to go AGAINST the Lakers when its crunch time?

Just sayin.

15. clippy

clippy Member

Well, like I posted in the other thread, just the other day they made an offensive foul on Griffin on what would be considered a miraculous shot (that he actually converted). And the worst part is, it wasn't even a foul that should have been called during ANY part of the game. See:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4mlUPUd9kOc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now I don't believe there is a conspiracy, and certainly not one to help the Mavs or screw the Clippers, but the fact is that this is sheer incompetence and it is destroying the sport.

16. basketballholic

After that Sac/LAL game in 2002 I flipped the TV off totally sick to my stomach and almost vowed to quit being a fan of the NBA. I was neither a Kings nor a Laker fan. But the Kings got jobbed and it probably cost them a championship that season. That moment along with the Mavs series a few years later about did me in.

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

With all this corruptness you claim exisits and all the money to be made if an individual were to come forward and explain how the draft is rigged, why has no one ever come forward to explain how this is done? Do you think Mark Cuban would allow a corrupt draft to happen? Jerry Buss (obviously not anymore)? Pat Riley?

18. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Absolutely sicking...that was the kings year to win...
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qjRcTiwVEwo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

19. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Correct, as the WWE is not always scripted; i.e. google "Montreal screwjob".

20. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

This is just preaching to the choir. Rockets fans know a thing or two about being screwed by the refs.