1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Is Rigged? Fan Shows Some Suspect Proof The NBA Needs Lakers In The Playoffs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LAFIRMA22, Apr 2, 2013.

1. VBG

VBG Member

yeah, the NBA was so desperate for the Pacers to beat the Clippers last night too.

2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

just like how stern gave the hornets anthony davis so he could sell the team.

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Irrelevant.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Last I checked the Clippers weren't out of the playoffs

5. Jamers

Jamers Member

would be nice to see an injured kobe run into the basketball court and hit dirk with a steel chair before he hit the game winning shot..

6. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

That statement is idotic.

Of course its not the same thing. WWE all parties involved are part of the "rigging" or the scripting"

In the NBA it would be just upper management who use selected few referees to force the issue.

I don't believe that NBA is completely rigged. But I believe they operate on a sliding scale of rules that slide to favor the team that best serves the NBA as a business.

I dont think this can be questioned. I also personally believe the draft is rigged. We will no for sure if the Magic win it this year.

7. megastahr

the no 1 pick always goes to the team who lost an elite player.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Or his hometown

9. Jet036

Jet036 Member

When you turn 13 you'll wise up

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

What (and why) rigging was done when the Rockets won the lottery and drafted Yao Ming? Bucks - Bogut? Raptors - Bargnani? Wizards - Wall?

11. megastahr

im speaking more of the recent drafts...I can speak from the 2007 draft on.

I didn't keep up with the NBA enough to know the circumstances back then so I can only speak from when I kept up with it.

People think it was rigged for Lebron to go to his hometown and the team was all but bankrupt..and Howard too magic forgot why.

In 2005 and 2006 there were not any clear-cut elite players at the top of the draft.

So the NBA covered it’s butt by allowing the Milwaukee Bucks and Toronto Raptors, two smaller market teams, to hold the top draft position respectively.

2007 was said to be one of the most shadiest as Portland was struggling as a franchise and needed a big name draw desperately they won with a 5% chance

then the following year Rose went to the bulls ... these two seem like the most obvious where things started get screwy.

2009 blake to clippers.... this one has the least amount of evidence. But giving an elite talent to a faltering major market in desperate need of it.... now look at the clippers? Stern also forced CP3 there... so would make sense it was his goal to build this team up since the owner is an incompetent.

then it starts getting real in your face

2010 Wall goes to wizards where they just lost the franchise player and the team was suffering...and i remember everyone was saying if the wizards get the no 1 it was RIGGED...then BAM. lol THEY also only had the 5th worst record...so had good luck right?

2011 this was obvious the cavs lose lebron????

they not only won the no 1 but they won it with the no 1 pick that was gifted to them by the clippers that should have been around the 7-8 range...this must have been the price for Griffin

Then they landed a top 4 pick with their own...this was a pretty good haul the year after losing the best player in the nba

Then last year...we all know. NBA owned team...just lost CP3...forced to deal with clippers.

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

the Lakers have been a losing team almost all season.

how can that be rigged. they are turrible.

if David Stern and his minions want to scheme to put a team like that in the playoffs, and all the fans want to eat that conspiracy up, be my guest.

this is why I enjoy seeing the Jazz win five in a row (yeah I said it) to put themselves is solid position to take the 8th seed away from them.

why I enjoy seeing the Lakers lose by double digits.

why I hope the Mavs crush LA tonight on Shaq's jersey retirement night, but even that, I consider unlikely.

13. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You have not provided this.

Take a little time to read about the procedures in place to ensure there is no tampering with the draft lottery, then give me one single plausible scenario (completely hypothetical) where it could be rigged. Just one.

You're also assuming they'd entrust the credibility of their entire league in the hands of way too many people for this to be possible. People thought Anthony Davis knew before hand he'd be going to the Hornets, because he was wearing a throwback cap -- ignoring the idiotic idea that they'd entrust the entire league's reputation to a 19 year old with busted teeth and an eyebrow he waters three times a day.

These posts are for simple minded cretins

1 person likes this.
  14. Raven

Raven Member

And that fiasco should have cost the Little Emperor his job, yet he's still here, still clutching to power.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That Portland game was especially bad, reminiscent of that Kings series.

16. megastahr

I have read that...and this wasn't my thread. I simply was commenting on the suspicion behind each year. Someone asked me about a couple of years and I through out the claims of why each year was in question...read the whole thread.

Also the tampering policies and all that jazz mean nothing...ive read them and if they have people on the inside...its absolutely easy to get around. Your the same person that prob buys every excuse the white house has given over the years. ..... but... they said they didnt do it. :rolleyes:

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

You said that the first pick ALWAYS goes to the team that has lost its' best player. You provided zero evidence that the first pick ALWAYS goes to the team that lost its' best player. You also failed to provide any evidence that this occurred prior to 2005.

18. megastahr

really?

I said lately....

Wall replaced Arenas
    Irving replaced James
    davis replaced cp3

and if magic get no 1 pick...for howard...then you know it.

Do you not know how to read? :confused:

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I'm just going to say that claiming the NBA is rigged is not really an extraordinary claim considering that there has been scandals before that proved at least a decent number of games have been rigged.

Whether the rigging still exists or by how much, we have no idea, but I don't think we require an absolute conclusive evidence to consider the possibility that the NBA is fixed in some way.

20. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

You didn't even provide claims for every year. Just because a market with long odds wins doesn't prove a single thing -- even the worst team has a better chance of #4 than #1.

While we're just making assumptions -- you're probably the same inane conspiratard that probably believes constantly disproven and repeated theories like that Sandy Hook was staged, and thinks ellipses are a proper substitute for punctuation.

"If they have people on the inside?" That's your answer on how they'd rig it? Real water tight, well thought out stuff, there, buddy.