1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA Finals] San Antonio vs. Miami

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Who wins?

Poll closed Jun 6, 2013.
  1. Spurs in 4.

1.8%
  2. Spurs in 5.

9.3%
  3. Spurs in 6.

37.0%
  4. Spurs in 7.

13.6%
  5. Miami in 4.

1.2%
  6. Miami in 5.

3.9%
  7. Miami in 6.

20.5%
  8. Miami in 7.

12.7%
  1. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not saying bron is better than jordan,but I bet jordan couldn't have taken that cavs teams to the finals. I mean his 2nd best player was mo williams. Jordans 2nd best plyer I in the hall,so is his 3rd,and the coach is not to far behind. The only thing jordan does better than lebron is score. That's mainly because lebron is more magic than mj. He scores 28 just because he's that good. Not to mention he shut parker down those last 2 games.

2. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

We can compare lebron to MJ but....

He needs one more ring
    Retire and play baseball
    Then come back and win 3 more championships

:grin:

3. VanityHalfBlack

You don't think a Prime muthafukin Jordan could take Lebron's Cav to the Finals with that type of defense in that league that year?? N-gga please I should slap the **** out yo mouth for saying some ol bullsh!t.

4. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Barkley always picks against Miami. He picked the Spurs in 6, he picked the pacers in 6. He picked the Thunder in the finals last year in 5, he picked the Celtics last year in 6, he picked the bulls two years ago in 6, and he picked the celtics two years ago in 7.

Miami dismissed them all and Barkley was butt hurt.

5. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

haha exactly. I don't think he remembers how bad the east was. Pistons were the only legit team.

6. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Although Lebron won his 2nd championship, the comparison to Jordan needs to stop. Jordan had bad games, but you never see the hesitation in his game v. any defense. This series v. the Spurs could have been over in 5 or 6 if Lebron trusted his game from the beginning instead of playing like the 2011 Mavs Lebron in the first 3 games.

Lebron will go doubt as one of the grestest, most likely top 3 of all time. But he will never reach Jordan. That's just talk for talking sake.

When you talk about the greatest of all times, it's not just about skills or pure talent. It's about the entire package. Jordan's entire package/legacy is untouchable.

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Jordan could play LeBron's style of play if and when he wanted. The 1988-89 season was indicative of that when he played PG for most of the season and put up the stats that he did.. They played in two different systems though. Michael in the triangle, LeBron with being a point-forward for his team. People forget how good Jordan's defense was. Him and Hakeem are the best two-way players in NBA history.

8. prv1981

prv1981 Contributing Member

Exactly. I think it was in the late 3rd quarter where for the first time all series, I saw Lebron step into a jumper and knock it down in a crucial spot. He saw the defense sagging and knocked it down. It was the most decisive move I had seen him make all series and it ended up being decisive in the outcome.

With Jordan, as you say above, it was the whole package. There wasn't any confusion or questionable body language in the finals. He simply knew what his job was, did it, and his teams won absolutely.

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

That first cavs team was terrible

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Would just like to say... I called it before.

11. jbasket

jbasket Member

Better than DeAleck.

12. VanityHalfBlack

They were 50-32, 2nd place in Eastern Conference that year they made it to the Finals.

13. VanityHalfBlack

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. Rox11

Rox11 Member

So Lbj jordan? kreepin up?

16. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

He did. Most of the stuff he says seems to be just ignorant crap trying to incite people because he's suppose to have some pull after being a HOFer. I think most people know he's fairly knowledgeable, but his lazy, alcoholic ass never knew what it took to win, so it's hard to take his opinion on who's who of best players compared to the average fan.

It's funny how he talks about 'short' players, when I clearly remember that game 6 vs. the Rockets in the 97 playoffs...Clyde and Eddie Johnson were hot and he wasn't, yet at the end he kept demanding the ball in the post vs. Malone (a "short" 6'9" :rolleyes:)...Malone's defense completely destroyed his ****** as little Barkley couldn't get a decent shot off whenever he tried. Yet he kept demanding the ball over and over again. :mad: Everyone knows the Stockton shot that is replayed on great playoff highlights, but that shot should always be shown with Barkley's pathetic peformance that killed the Rockets offense in those vital mintues at the end of that game. The dude was a big reason we beat Seattle, but he and his ****** was also the reason we lost vs. the Jazz. I wonder if he even has an understanding of that...I doubt he does.

1 person likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Every made shot by LeBron in G7

[​IMG]

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but James Harden's doppleganger was on Bosh's parade bus. He's got the beard and fauxhawk down pat. The announcers even mentioned it lol. This is the best pic I can find right now...

[​IMG]

19. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Game 6:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2bH7znBKlC0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Game 7:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-lUnkYaf82U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Finally someone with the same recollection as me on that series. Everyone assumes the Rockets would have gone on to win a game 7 and then the Finals if not for the evil refs. Truth is the Rockets were a severely flawed team that year.