1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

?

What do you expect to be the result

1. Dallas in 4

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Dallas in 5

12 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Dallas in 6

113 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Dallas in 7

43 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Miami in 4

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Miami in 5

40 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Miami in 6

115 vote(s)
    31.1%
  8. Miami in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i heard the bolded part. It was painful to listen too. All i could think was his publicist in the back frantically making calls to try and spin that answer. I never had anything against lebron and typically thought he got a bad wrap, but that answer just makes him look like a idiot.

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah that's what I'm trying to say. If KG stayed in Minnesota and won one or won with that Sprewell and Cassell team then his and Dirks legacy would be equal. Dirk waited his time in Dallas, I give him props he did not bolt like how other players have later in their careers.

3. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

miami fans are the best:

<div><object id='sinaplayer' width='480' height='370' ><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><embed pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' src='http://you.video.sina.com.cn/api/sinawebApi/outplayrefer.php/vid=54455890_1604864371/s.swf' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' name='sinaplayer' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always' width='480' height='370'></embed></object></div>

4. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

funny that all the miami fans on this board no where to be found

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Before this thread is done, I should brag that I am among the 300 people who picked Dallas in 6. :grin:

6. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I did, too, but after the last game was played :eek:. Before the series, to temper my expectations, I would have said Heat in 6.

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

I picked the Heat in six; after the first game I was sure I had picked right. After that the Mavs kept chipping away and the Heat finally collapsed. I am surprised as anyone how LeBron faded. He is no MJ. Wade showed flashes of brillance but ultimately ran out of gas. Enjoy because the Heat will be back and may dominate the league for years to come. Remember the "big three" in LA a few years ago, that didn't work either and injuries ended it. If this big three stay together and tweek the team and stay healthy it could be different. Personally, I hope not, because of the arrogance they began with. However, it is impressive that they made the finals the first year.

8. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Doubt they'll dominate i get the feeling wade is gonna break down

9. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

crazy how the momentum changed after the shoving match...The Heat never regained their composure and they couldn't buy a basket in the 4th...

Dirk was pretty amazing, definitely MVP and it was pretty cool hanging around the bars...no real dbag behavior where I was, but I believe in general, most everyone was against the Heat so it didn't matter who they were playing...

I was fortunate enough to go the first and last home games got Dallas this year, one more item off my bucket list...

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

The difference for Dallas .. .
    DIRK STARK SHOVING TOWARD THE BASKET

His moves where he put his head down . . and took it to the rim
    were great. [He didn't slam it home. . but got it through the hoop!]

Rocket River

11. G Zus Kryst

G Zus Kryst Rookie

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qamC_3VItH4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qamC_3VItH4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I was predicting either Dallas in 6 or Miami in 7. Since I didn't want Miami to win, so I picked the former.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

I picked Dallas in 6. Too bad I did not bet my house on it though.

14. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

how hilarious is this video now?

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e9BqUBYaHlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think this is a good point and one I've been wondering ever since they put this team together. Especially imagine a possible lockout next year, and then he comes back basically two years older, into his 30's.

Of his 8 seasons so far, he's played fewer than 60 games in three of them. People don't magically get more healthy as NBA players in their 30's.

I'm not rooting for an injury, and he's an incredible player to watch, but his very strengths are all about how he deals with contact going to the rim and on challenging people at the rim. Just naturally makes for extra injuries.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I'm a bit superstitious, so I always vote the exact opposite of what I want. If I want Dallas to win, for example, I'll pick Heat in 4. ;)

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Wade: "the best trio that's ever played the game of basketball..." LOLWUT?

James: "... once the games start, it's gonna be easy."
    :eek:

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If you had to guess..at what percentage do you think Wade was after his collision with Cardinal?

I wanna say 70 % but who knows

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

excuses..

what percent was rondo after breaking his elbow?

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dirk was at -10% while having a 102 fever. Still conquered.

SUCK IT HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!