1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com]Nate Robinson wants Lebron James in dunk Contest

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jeffvangundy, Nov 29, 2009.

1. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

We're months away from All-Star Weekend and Nate Robinson and Shannon Brown are already eyeing a showdown with LeBron James in the dunk contest, so says Bob Finnan of the News-Herald: "Nate Robinson wants a piece of LeBron James. So does Shannon Brown. Both high-fliers want James to compete in the dunk contest during All-Star Weekend in February. And, obviously, they want to beat him.

Robinson, the New York Knicks' 5-foot-9 guard, is willing to defend his dunk title if James elects to compete. "If LeBron is in it, I am," he told AOL Fanhouse. "If he's in it, I'm in it. But if he's not in it, I might not be in it."

James has never participated in the dunk contest. However, last February, he hinted this might be the year he finally competes. Robinson hopes it's true. "Like I said, if LeBron is in, it's going to be that much better," he said. "If I'm in it and make it to the finals, (I'll) beat him. That's something I can always tell my kids."

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/11/29/hangtime.blog/index.html

The only concern i got with lebron in the dunk contest,is that he will get 10's from every dunk he does

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Lebron is a good game dunker but I don't think he is creative. However,I think you're right,the judges could be biased in favor of him.

3. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

LeBron is going to do a bunch of windmill dunks and the judges are going to go nuts and give him 10s.

4. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

i do see him do one crazy free throw dunk where he brings it bak to his hip. That would be his best one, but all of the others will be in-game dunks.

5. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

His dunks wont be super-creative but thy will be powerful and they will be from far away. I'd give a 10 to a powerful windmill from just inside the FT line over something gimmicky like putting on green shoes and dunking over a guy who's crouching.

1 person likes this.
  6. Francis 4 ever

What makes you think lebron and his huge marketing team isn't creative? He will pull out the most staged gimmicky dunks we have ever seen. He will get straight 50's and go down as the best dunker alive.

you can write that down.

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

It's about time we got some franchise players in dunk contests. I want to see a dunk contest with Wade, Lebron, and Kobe (he's still got it)

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I kind of want LeBron to say: "I'll do it if that midget Nate Robinson isn't brought back."

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

but i DONT WANT Nate Robinson in the dunk contest, get jamario moon back in

10. BeCoMiNgThEbEsT

WAT ABOUT shannon Brown he is a beast HE MITE HAVE A CHANCE

11. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

Is Dwight coming back? And LeBron is going to totally redefine the FT line dunk if he does it. So would James White, but he just can't stick with a team long enough to reach Februrary.

12. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

that title is VCs. i really dont see anyone beating that anytime soon. altho the press will try to crown lebron the greatest dunker.
    the only person who wouldve beat out VC is James Flight White. too bad he couldnt a contract from a team.

13. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Agree

14. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

But nobody wants Nate Robinson in dunk contest EVER again.

1 person likes this.
  15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I do!!!

16. Chamillionaire

i think every dunk dominique did, lebron can do as well.

17. YallMean

YallMean Member

Rate Robinson wants to ride on LeBron James coattails too.

18. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Lebron James will do a lay up in the contest and the press will call it the next closest thing to Jesus.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

The golden child.

20. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

The contest should include Russell Westbrook, Shannon Brown, Andre Iguodala, and J.R. Smith.