1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM]Houston Rockets Summer Report

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwqbulb, Sep 6, 2010.

1. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

http://www.nba.com/reportcard/summer/2010/rockets/index.html

2. Rocket4Life11

Rocket4Life11 Contributing Member

The defensive rating should go up quite a bit (top 5)

Overall, above average is not a bad place to be.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

How are the Indiana Pacers rated better than we are? Equally baffling is how a backcourt tandem of Darren Collison and Brandon Rush/Lance Stephenson get an A- when our Brooks/Lowry and Martin combo gets a B. What?

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

It all depends on Yao. It all depends on Yao. It all depends on Yao.

yawn.

5. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

For the most part, each team has a different sportswriter covering them. Naturally, one person's A- could be another's B+. Fran has always been somewhat of a pessimist and somebody who doesn't get caught up into hype, so it doesn't surprise me that he grades on a lower scale than his peers.

6. Garner

Garner Member

It is almost basketball season!!! :p

7. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I found this part interesting ... I wonder if the Rockets would actually consider giving PP some minutes at SF to see how he does...

--RB

8. lionaire

lionaire Member

Don't really understand what the Thunder did to deserve in A for the offseason?

9. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

no, he is a 4. Not going to play any minutes at the 3.

10. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's funny how many articles state that we finally have a backup center with brad miller. this guy remembers us going to 7 against the lakers, but seems to have forgotten that we had deke (before he too went down). that's like saying, we're finally going back to the playoffs, after a one year drought.

11. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

At the bottom of the page it explains that A = Superior, B = Above Average, C = Average, etc. How can B be "Above Average" when more than half of the teams have B's and better? There are only a few D's. If most are above average, doesn't that mean they're just average? I suck at math and stats, but apparently so do some NBA staff. :)

2 people like this.
  12. EffTheJazz!!!

EffTheJazz!!! Member

Damn, that made a great amount of sense!!

13. charliem

charliem Member

Seriously, that gets old.

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Rockets and Knicks shares the same grade of B for their backcourt? WTH? Brooks/Lowy and Martin/Lee vs. Felton/Douglas and Azabuike?
    DOES NOT COMPUTE!

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

It's true though.

16. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

I believe it was all written by different writers. That douche Blinebury wrote the Texas teams' ones it looks like.

17. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Yes, but these pieces were presented as report cards across all NBA teams. Due to the format of these articles, there should have been an agreed upon level that is considered the average, since they are describing each grade in relative to an average.

I don't care if writers have bias' in a format where their article is not connected or part of a bigger piece. The fact that there are inconsitencies in the summer report card will mislead readers. People jump up and down about the Knicks or the Grizlies being nice teams based on the media. Everyone's misinformed opinion is based on the media.

18. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

There's a standard grading system meaning the results should be standardized as well (idealistic, admittedly). I just can't get over the fact that Collison by himself gets a higher grade than our Brooks/Lowry + Martin combo.

ANGER EXPLOSION!

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Take a look at the Wizards report card if you want to see terrible.

20. psingh34

psingh34 Member

so ive always thought patterson was a 4 in rockets eyes.. also wasnt it only two years ago that we had mutombo as our back up center.. this makes it seem like we havnt had a decent back up in forever.
    when was the last time chuck hayes was a "force" off the bench?? up until last year he only came in every now and then but he was never a force..
    i question the validity of this assessment..

but then again if he had given us an A i would have been like this is dead on..