1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

NBA 2k3 vs NBA Live 2003

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Jan 7, 2003.

1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

I know it's the wrong forum but I need some feedback...

Which is the better game for PS2 and why? Do both have Yao Ming? I heard that Live doesn't. What stats would I enter to create Ming?

Thanks

2. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

There is no Yao Ming in NBA2k3, either. I like the Sega game better. If you are a serious basketball fan who knows the game, 2k3 is better. The graphics are good and there is a franchise mode. It is the best basketball simulation out there. I am referring to the NBA2k3 for XBox. NBA Live 2003 may be better on Playstation 2. I am not sure. I am just a personal supporter of the NBA2k3 games.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/reviews/0,10867,2885079,00.html

Time to watch the Rockets!

3. adrian

adrian Member

I've always been a bigger fan of EA Sports' games, like NBA Live and Madden for the NFL, their graphics have always looked better to me and they just have a better, more real feel the them. Neither NBA2K3 or NBA Live have Yao on the rosters, kinda a bummer.

Adrian

4. cujo

cujo Member

Nba live is more fast paced action, but Nba2k3 is more realistic and slower. I like NBA live better this year with the freestyle control.

5. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

If you have Xbox live already, get NBA 2k3.

The new roster patches are coming out on the 15th meaning you can downloads Yao Ming and Posey onto the Rockets roster.

6. ymc

ymc Member

If you buy PS2 NBA Live 2003, you can connect to the net to update the roster. The latest roster has Yao Ming, so you can have him that way. You can also join the online league to play with people all over the world. However, the XBox version of it doesn't have online capability.

In general, NBA 2k3 is more realistic but Live is more fun because you can do fancy dunks easily and shoot a very high percentage.