1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Myers Trade Speculation Already?

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by chrisjent, Apr 15, 2012.

1. franchise403

franchise403 Contributing Member

I just read the thread title and thought we were talking about Chris Meyers! :p

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

This is why Luhnow made Myers a closer in the first place.

Because a closer, even a marginally successful one, is more valuable to a team at the trade deadline that an inconsistent 3rd pitcher on an already crappy team. All Myers has to do is put together half of a decent year closing 1 out of every 7 games and we can pick up a lot more....

3. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

than*

4. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

I thought I was on the Texans board and it was Chris Myers on the trading block. Silly me.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Romo has been a beast so far in his career. He has 70 K's and 5 walks in 48 IP last year....pretty sick. I can't see the Giants rushing to make any moves since they have Casilla if Romo can't handle closing.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I was listening to ESPN and they mentioned how bad this was for the Giants because they don't have anyone to close. I wanted to go b**** slap them and say, no they don't have anyone that has been given the opportunity. Brian Wilson is actually overrated. As long as Romo has the mental capacity, he's an improvement in the 9th. Billy Wagner is the only pitcher I can recall with numbers as good as Romo.

7. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

+ Eleventeen!