1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My NFL predictions

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by moestavern19, Jul 19, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

ok the NFL is starting in just a few weeks so before anything developes Im going to state my predictions
    Division Winners
    AFC EAST - Colts - Awesome Offnse with an adequate defense
    AFC CENTRAL - Jaguars - should finally reach the super bowl this year
    AFC WEST - Raiders - beefed up their weekest area - special teams and solidified their secondary
    NFC EAST - Washington - Loaded with talent should sweep Dallas this year if they are half as good as the look on paper
    NFC CENTRAL - Green Bay - Favre should be back to normal this year , and with the Bucs and Vikes hopes falling on 2nd-year QB's Brett will show them a few things
    NFC WEST - St. Louis - Probably wont reach the Super Bowl this year but they still have an awesome team
    Individuals
    Rookie of the Year - Peter Warrick
    Leading Rusher - Edgerin James
    Leading Passer - Brad Johnson
    Leadung Receiver (receptions) Tim Brown
    Leader Receiver (yards) Jimmy Smith
    Playoffs............Wild Cards
    yRaiders ............NY Jets
    zRedskins .........NY Giants
    yRams ............ Bucaneers
    zColts ........... Titans
    yJaguars ........ Seahawks
    yGreen Bay ......... Saints
    y=divison winner z=Homefield advantage
    Super Bowl XXXV Washington 28
    Jacksonville 18

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Until I see what other deals will occur I'm sitting tight with my predicitons. Go Patriots!!! [​IMG]

------------------
    please venture to atheistalliance and rocketsonline
    I AM SPARTACUS

3. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

I predict a Titan-Tampa Bay (two terribly terrific defensive teams [​IMG]) Super Bowl, with the Titans coming out on top.

------------------
    "Get up, stand up. Stand up for your right"-Bob Marley

[This message has been edited by BobFinn* (edited July 20, 2000).]

4. ChrisP

ChrisP Contributing Member

Broncos return to power! Terrell Davis reclaims the rushing title! Woo-hoo!

What can I say - I like the Donkeys. [​IMG]

------------------

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

OK, Ill give it a try

NFC East
    Washington
    Dallas
    Philadelphia
    Giants
    Cardinals

NFC Central
    Tampa Bay
    Green Bay
    Minnesota
    Detroit
    Chicago

NFC West
    St. Louis
    Carolina
    Atlanta
    San Francisco
    New Orleans

AFC East
    Indianapolis
    Buffalo
    Jets
    New England
    Miami

AFC Central
    Titans
    Jaguars
    Baltimore
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Cleveland

AFC West
    Oakland
    Seattle
    Denver
    K. City
    San Diego

Playoffs:
    NFC-
    St. Louis over Dallas
    Green Bay over Philadelphia
    then
    Washington over St. Louis
    Tampa Bay over Green Bay
    then
    Washington over Tampa Bay

AFC:
    Oakland over Baltimore
    Jaguars over Buffalo
    then
    Indianapolis over Oakland
    Tennesee over Jaguars
    then
    Indianapolis over Tennesee

SUPERBOWL
    Colts over Redskins

this is an early prediction, subject to change

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

6. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Yes JayZ! Colts are Super Bowl Champions! It's been so long since my Colts have been successful. It's almost like Clutch City all over again...ALMOST. I'll give it a try:

AFC EAST

Indianapolis
    NY Jets
    Buffalo
    Miami
    New England

AFC CENTRAL

Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Cincinnati
    Pittsburgh
    Baltimore
    Cleveland

AFC WEST

Seattle
    Oakland
    Denver
    Kansas City
    San Diego

NFC EAST

Washington
    Dallas
    Arizona
    NY Giants
    Philadelphia

NFC CENTRAL

Tampa Bay
    Minnesota
    Green Bay
    Chicago
    Detroit

NFC WEST

St. Louis
    Atlanta
    Carolina
    New Orleans
    San Francisco

But it doesn't really matter because the Colts will win this year! GUARANTEED! [​IMG]

------------------
    Jazzkiller

7. rocketsfan34

rocketsfan34 Contributing Member

Raiders all the way! They have no excuses this year, they finally have a kicker, and the 3rd easiest schedule! Raiders to the Super Bowl!

As you can tell, I'm a hardcore Raiders fan. Many of u doubt the Raiders, and revenge will be so sweet. [​IMG]

------------------
    Now that it seems everyone thinks Rockets blew their picks, you can start reading TDS' 2001 Draft Previews...

Draftsource.net

8. Steve

Steve Member

WHAT MIAMI LAST????
    your probably saying this cause MARINO "Retired" or got FireD
    But what you people dont know is that With Marino the FIns were way worst than with DAMON HUARD with marino we lost all the games except against a week Seattle Team in the Playoffs and Damon defeated A strong TENNESSEE team in tenessee and also went 5-1 the only lost was in BUFFALO snowing!!! so i think we should be better than lasst year

------------------
    I dont have one but ..............................maybe later:)

9. Dream34

Dream34 Contributing Member

Guys,
    Titan's All the way to Tampa Bay!!! The Titans have become one of the elite teams in the NFL. They left the Super Bowl this year with a very bad taste in their mouths (coming from a die hard fan, I can only imagine how the players feel). They will have the bullseye smack dab on there backs. Teams will be shooting for the Titans. But this is a tough team. With Eddie George resigned for the long haul. The man has not missed a game (amazing) and is a work horse. Steve McNair will develop into a big time QB. (For those that continue to doubt this just watch the second half of the Superbowl, in particular the last drive). With the Freak on Defense (every QB's worst nightmare). A solid offense and defensive line. Great coaching. Solid special teams.

I can tell you this team is ready to return to the Superbowl. This time they will win it all...

------------------
    President of the Austin Croshere fan club.

[This message has been edited by Dream34 (edited July 23, 2000).]

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

rocketsfan34 you and me are part or a proud tradition of Rocket and Raider fans we are in an exclusive club . But If Janikowski is a bust Im gonna go to Al and scream in his face [​IMG] GO RAIDERS! GO ROCKETS!

------------------
    Will Work for Clutch 101 Book

11. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

BobFinn....Didnt the Titans have something like the 27th ranked defense last year???

I also thought they lost 2 of their starting LB's. If that is the case, being that the Titans have basically stood pat talent wise, I cant forsee them making it back to the superbowl. But on the other hand who thought theyd make it last year. I knew theyd be good, but superbowl, NAH.

Some other musings.

-How on Gods green earth did the Rams, fresh off of their superbowl get a schedule with an average winning percentage of opposing teams of something like 40%???? Unbelievable.

-Did I read that KiJana Carter injured himself again? What a paper player.

-Anyone else see that the Skins payroll for next year is going to be well over 100 million. Possibly breaking the the Yankees record of 104 million ( and thats with a baseball roster of half the players ) but at least MR. Snyder has a plan. CHARGE 10 dollars for admission to practice, and 10 dollars for parking. Not to mention 5 freaking dollars for a beer!

-Who else just knew that the Broncs couldnt of won 2 straight titles without cheating. Tampering with contracts, paying under the table. Denver fans had to of known it wasnt possible.

-Janikowski who is your agent? 1 million a year contract. Youll need more than that to bribe all the cops in your many drunken stupors.

-Whos Ryan Leaf?

ok enough fun:

NFC East: Washington. Way too much talent to fail, anyone check out theri Depth? But a killer of a schedule. OUCH!

NFC Central: Bucs. Way too much D to fail. But still no running game (going off of last year), or QB to get Keyshawn the Damn ball more than 10 yards down field.

NFC West: Rams. Lost some lineman, but another softee of a schedule.

AFC East: Colts. Big 3 have a year together under theri belt. D is middle of the road. But an exciting team to watch. Will make some noise

AFC Central: Jags if their RB can stay healthy, Titans if not. To very close teams.

AFC West: Seattle. Finally the Seahawks make the playoffs.

SuperBowl: Redskins over the Colts.

The Skins lost to the Colts by 3 in Indy, with a horrible Defensive coordinator, and the 30th ranked D last year. Ray Rhodes, Foge Fazio, Ron Meeks, Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Mark Carrier, and LaVar Arrington ensure the Skins of a much better Defensive standing.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Dreamshake-
    Nobody else in the AFC is really making serious updates to their roster. I mean Indianapollis and Jacksonville have also stood pat, basically, and the Titans went through both of those teams on their way to the SuperBowl. I also think that Jeff FIsher might have a knack of finding good players through the draft, as evidenced by Jevon Kearse, and I think this yers pick, the linebacker Bullet (or something like that) will also do much better than expected (althoguh its a tough position for a rookie). If I remember correctly he was suppossed to be drafted higher. I could really see the Titans making it back to the Super Bowl again if they open up their offense just a smidgen. Everybody remembers the way they dominated the 2nd half of the SUper Bowl (except for one defnsive play) and while they still used ball control offense, it was much more aggressive in my opinion. If they can play taht way offensively all year, they should be very very good. But like you, I picked the Colts to represent the AFC this year.

------------------
    When I die I want to go peacefully like my grandfather. Not screaming like the passengers in the back seat!

13. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

I will be absolutely shocked if Tampa doesn't win it all. With that defense, all they need is 20 points and Keyshawn is good for 14 by himself per game either catching or drawing double teams.

SUPERBOWL:

Tampa 20
    Colts 7

------------------
    I Want To Thank God For Making Me A Rocketfan

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Seahawks finally make the playoffs??? they made it last year! Newsflash-Janikowski is a kicker he aint gonna get as much as a third string RB .

------------------
    President of the Rockets/Raiders Fan Club

15. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

okay, why not? I'll take a stab at it.

AFC east

Colts
    Bills
    Jets
    Miami
    NE

central

Jags
    Ravens
    Titans
    Cleveland
    Cincy
    Steelers

east

oakland
    seattle
    denver
    kansas city
    san diego

NFC east

Redskins
    Dallas
    Arizona
    NY
    Eagles

central

Tampa
    GB
    Minnesota
    Bears
    Lions

west

Rams
    atlanta
    NO
    Carolina
    SF

who will win the Super Bowl? I'll go with Dallas.

safest bet is the paper champs, Washington.

football will be better come 2002.

------------------
    I am so exasperated that I could expectorate.

[This message has been edited by CriscoKidd (edited July 24, 2000).]

16. Dream34

Dreamshake,
    To answer your question. Yes the Titans did lose 2 of their linebackers. However, in my opinion the Titans ended up improving in that category. They ended up signing Randall Godfrey out of Dallas and drafted Keith Bullock out of Syracuse in the first round. He will be starting before mid-season. The Titans defense is known for being very, very aggresive and one that takes plenty of risks. They blitz alot. Much of that comes from the old Buddy Ryan philosophy. Remember that Coach Fischer learned alot working under Buddy Ryan.

I think what will be critical for the Titans will be picking up a quality Wide Receiver. They are trying very hard to sign Carl Pickens. The Bengals released him and the Titans are going after him with all they got.

JayZ750,
    I agree with you that they have a total ball control offense. Having Eddie George in the backfield dictates that. Your right that they need to be more consistent. I think hiring of the new offensive coordinator (the guy was an assistant coach from Denver) will help in this area. From what I have been reading about him. He is a perfectionist and that will help in the development of Steve McNair.

------------------

17. PhiSlammaJamma

If the Titans get pickens, there is no reason they can't return to the Superbowl. They dominated the Colts, Bills, and Jaguars from a defensive perspective. Completely took all three teams out of their offense. If you don't think they have a defense you are sadly mistaken. They have THE best defense. And improved it this year with Godfrey and Bullock. Both were steals. They also shut down the Rams in Big game. No other team besides Tampa could shut them down. Nobody. This Team is for real. I think they can return to the Superbowl. No kidding, they are for real, if they get pickens. And even if they don't, they've got a good chance. Solid. Hard Working. And they believe.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

18. Dennis2112

Dennis2112 Contributing Member

All predictions mean nothing until the new Houston(Texans) Franchise starts in 2002. [​IMG]

I must admit that I had boycotted the NFL until we won the 32nd franchise. My interest has peaked since then. I still cannot bring myself to rooting for the Titans but they will be good again this year.

------------------
    Houston Rockets Forever!!
    In Rudy We Trust

[This message has been edited by Dennis2112 (edited July 25, 2000).]

19. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

My NFL prediction for this year?

10 NFL players will be arrested on various felony charges. 5 will have charges dropped, 3 will be found not guilty, 1 will cop a plea bargain, and 1 will be convicted.

They don't call the NFL the National Felony League for nothing! [​IMG]

------------------
    Bring It!!

20. Dream34

PhiSlammaJamma - Could not agree with you more. [​IMG]

------------------