1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My experience so far as a Clutch BBS member

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by CRC, Jul 26, 2003.

1. CRC

CRC Member

Wow... I must say it's much early than what I initially had in mind, after nearly a month of crazy YoYao pic posting & exchanged enough garbage with you guys... I finally reached 400 posts & the so called "Senior Member" status!!!

Even though it's nothing comparing to some of you guys' milestones of 3000's or 7000's... I'm still very happy with this achievement & would like to take this opportunity to share with you all my experience here on the BBS.

In retrospective, I must say I have a wonderful time posting here, exchanging ideas and sharing laughs with you guys. I was a little surprised that most of the posters here are all nice, caring & "normal" people instead of some interent freaks. I remember I started my first thread about "all-star posters" shortly after I registed & received a lot of warm, possitive comments & genuine advices on how to be a good poster here on the BBS (gee, feel like its not long ago was it?). Well, honestly I don't think I satisfied all the criteria of being a good poster but I must say that it's a real pleasure contributing something others will enjoy:). In this case, special thanks to YoYao for being such a good sport & let us posting his pictures for our own pleasure! There is no doubt in my mind that he is the No.1 celebrity here on the BBS. So major props to you YoYao, we still have plenty of unfinished business & you better start getting ready for it :D. Also special thanks to those picture posting buddies such as OmegaSupreme (I'm deeply touched by this guy, special thaks for offering genuine advices regarding my personal situation!), AntiSonic (one of the best in posting YoYao pics!), Mr. Mooch & Rockets2k (I'm flattered by their willingness to learn the Image Ready program, it feels so good to have you two joining the animated gif posting!), Mack, moestavern19, rockHEAD, fadeaway, Iron McFist, The Real Shady, Severe Rockets Fan & others contributed to pic posting (you all doing a wonderful job!). Without you guys this whole pic posting thing won't be as interesting as it seems. Again many thanks & keep up the good work guys!

I also have to mention other great posters I enjoyed very much such as Behad, Manny, codell, heypartner & SmeggySmeg (they've shown real class as dedicated Rocket fans and proved to be great posters), Macbeth (I just love this guy, his attitude, sense of humor, posting style... oh & his women too;) ), RIET (with his short but entertaining posts), Tim (from whom I might receive a new Rockets hat as prize!), Rocketman95 (I love his easy going personality & I enjoy making fun of him!), Kam (for saying I'm the 2nd greatest poster of all time!:D) & of course thanks to many others that offered genuine advices regarding my situation such as JuanValdez, MadMax, coma, Mulder, ima_drummer2k, Rokkit, Drewdog, junglerules, Princess, Rocket River, Jared Novak, bamaslammer, PhiSlammaJamma, Gene peterson, Baqui99, B-Bob, TedRuxpin, reallyBaked, super_mario, don grahamleone, pgabriel, drapg, GiGGieStuFF, speedball, Oski2005, a la rockets, LeGrouper, Sir Jackie Chiles, Tonaaayyyyy, across110thstreet, underoverup, Uprising ... & I know I forgot somebody! Just to let you know I appreciated all your suggestions & comments very much!

Even though at this stage I don't have much interaction with Clutch & our moderators here, I would also like to thank them for doing a wonderful job maintaining this BBS for us to enjoy... Clutch ( the guy who created the whole thing, the godfather of all !), Dr of Dunk (I love his take on things & especially his thread locking style!), Jeff (I love his dedication as a Rockets fan & his fair attitude!), Rocketeer (I consider him a staff, creating great wallpapers for our new logo!)... & also thanks to other clutch crew that I'm not yet familiar with...

Overall, thank you all everyone! Even though life will start to get much busier for me at work & I might not be able to spend a lot of time here as I used to be, but you bet I'll be still around for sure & I look forward to continue sharing my time here with you guys for as long as I shall live ( I honestly hoped so) ;) You guys are the best!

emm.... ok, so where is my prize for the speech? :p :D

#1 CRC, Jul 26, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2003
  2. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Way, waaay too early to read all that....got the Cliff notes?:p :D

3. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

you don't sound like a noob..

[​IMG]

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

quality not quantity

5. drapg

drapg Member

:mad:

How I dress is my own personal business! ;)

6. DrewP

DrewP Contributing Member

K.

7. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

I'm with you on that one buddy. I just got to the 400+ post plateau as well. This is definitely the best NBA board around. And believe it or not, even through my libertarian rants in D & D, I love all the discussions I've had with those folks. It's been a lot of fun.

8. LeGrouper

LeGrouper Contributing Member

We got a sentimental type here..... he will do well with all the "a girl is treating me like crap" posts....

9. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Thanks, man! I think this is a testament of my rebirth on the BBS. I'm extremely happy that a relative newbie would consider me as easy going. That's exactly what I want.

10. codell

codell Contributing Member

Maybe we can dig up your OU/Longhorn meltdown. ;) :p

11. LeGrouper

Rebirth! Dude, you have been resurrected like 30 times here. I can't wait to see that ungodly post count rise after your official rebirth. Good lordie.

12. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

:D

I'm pretty sure that started my transformation. I had a setback the other day with DaDakota, but it was just that.

13. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That's me! I'm so honored to be mentioned:D

14. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Damn!How come I never get named in these kind of list?My origines do make me one of the original posters here!
    Maybe I'm too Americanized...Maybe I should write more in a Frenchy way...
    I are will lock me in cave of my self and work on me identity probleme!
    :p

(BTW!No disrespect but isn't it a bit early to call yourself a genuine senior member?)

ALA

15. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Where was this? DaDa can be pretty infuriating though, I saw him set B-Bob off:eek:

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Dude..........

17. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Some thread in D&D. He'd made one too many jokes about my therapy or my being single.

18. LeGrouper

Is being single bad? I think being married or having a girlfriend is for wimps, guys who couldn't cut it anymore on the nightscene, or who got their girl knocked up. Or for those wierd people who believe in love and that stuff.

19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Are you related to some dude from Toronto?

20. underoverup

underoverup Member

Please post like a "Frenchy". I'm not sure what it would be like, but it sounds really funny. :D