1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My 90s Library

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Roscoe Arbuckle, Sep 16, 2022.

1. Roscoe Arbuckle

Again, I was only able to do this for 6 months prior to my ex getting pregnant. I'm sure I've said this before. I was on a fast track. I went to a recruiting agent who wanted me to go to South Africa. I was in 93Q Country magazine. Did Pasadena Fairgrounds. The Africa trip was called a "Gratis Tour" where I would have bills paid, but no money. At the time it made sense because I was 25 and it was a way to get my name out there along with anything else. Never knew. My ex suddenly got pregnant 2 months before I was going, which I always found suspicious., especially knowing her track record now. (she's literally cheated on every man she's been with and blames us...) BUT, I always had my Finance degree, so I bailed and went to Prudential Securities. And, yes. I always pride myself on being at Morgan Stanley 3 years, but I started at Prudential, under Howard Lorch, who was a scout for the San Diego Rockets and shared a room with Pat Riley! First time I ever had caviar. (overrated)

Am I an *******? We all know that answer. But I'm damn good at it.

I still need to get my songs recorded. I'm a decent writer and musician, but I need guitar help.

These are some of my favorite songs I sang. Behad and Smeg have seen me live. A while ago. RIP Martha. Such a lovely girl.

And, IMO. My best cover; although George Strait was always what was requested.

#1 Roscoe Arbuckle, Sep 16, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  2. Roscoe Arbuckle

Speaking of Howie, He had a huge corner office at one Houston Center. Right when we did the gran prix in DT. I was paid $1,000/mo. And I was required to make 300 calls per day. And this was before actual internet. In 1998, you had a stock ticker with red & green. The funny part? I'm the best cold caller ever now due to that. Now, you can hate me. But my first question as a cold caller to a specific list is "Do you write indexed annuities?" Pretty straight forward question, and I've zero issues with folks that say they're out. The ones that say they're not interested? I find a way to keep them in my calendar.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

90s country is where it's at. Those songs are all good.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

And the world keeps getting smaller. Howie was my next door neighbor when I was a kid growing up.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

6. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Deckard likes this.