1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP Shouldn’t Even be a Discussion

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Mar 1, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Lowe pretty much said on his podcast today with Herring that he “cares about defense more than most so he should be a Giannis voter”, despite “wanting to take it down to the wire” as if he hasn’t already decided.

#641 J Sizzle, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
  2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Nichols just questioned if the roster Harden had when CP3/Capela was out was comparable to the Bucks roster all year. “They have no second star”

And T-Mac keeps talking about our P&R offense even though Harden has the most iso’s like ever.

RocketsFan247 and snowconeman22 like this.
  3. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This should be James's third MVP.

If he doesn't get it this year, then it means nothing.(as if the other travesties haven't eroded this award)

Wilt like performances on a nightly basis, while carrying us in the West.

And, we're gonna beat GS.

slothy420, D-rock, BigShasta and 4 others like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Seriously? Middleton was literally an all-star this year.

Deuce, BigShasta, Zboy and 3 others like this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

Harden got dudes comparing his numbers to the GOAT for a whole hour, yet somehow Giannis is being talked about as actually having a case to win the MVP over him...

what a time to be alive

D-rock, BigShasta, Handles and 4 others like this.
  7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Tacko Fall going to be the real MVP based on FG%.

D-rock likes this.
  8. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Funny thing is Harden has never played with an all star while on the Rockets and we were picking up scrubs left and right every night and playing them in starting line up.

One game Ennis starting next game Clark then House then Hartenstein then rivers then Faried even green and NeNe would start here and there. No consistency in the lineup at all which made what’s Harden did even more amazing. There was even a Nunneley

Cp didn’t make an all star team and I don’t think Dwight did either.

#648 RHU525, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    D-rock likes this.
  9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Whoever voted for WB's "Historic" MVP season over Harden ignoring the criteria "best team, best player" are fking hypocrites if they refuse to vote for Harden. U don't often hear players and the name Wilt in the same sentence, but when talking about harden u hear it often.

D-rock, windpuppy and DreamShook like this.
  10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

**** the MVP, get a ring.

DD

smp and Beardaholic13 like this.
  11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

It's obvious where the bias is. Nichols can feign impartiality, but she sucks at it. Fake news when they reference our team of all stars when the Bucks actually have multiple all stars. Outside of "all stars", tell me which big on our team can shoot 37 ft away from the basket with a quicker trigger than most shooting guards. I hate this type of intentionally lazy aka misleading analysis because it makes the younger generation of NBA fans dumber. I see people arguing that Giannis is actually better than Shaq because he has handles... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:o_Oo_O:mad::mad::mad::mad:

12. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

for safety.

houston19519 and Plowman like this.
  13. smp

smp Member

People forget how good Shaq was. The guy was a monster.

14. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Scroll right. Jimmy is currently number 1 in players efficiency and win shares.

D-rock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  15. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest Harden to break Jordan highest average score 37 points record

D-rock likes this.
  16. Mr. Space City

The new emerging narrative is that Giannis is more fun to watch than Harden.

I don’t see it.

I respect Giannis game but he looks like a grown man dunking on toddlers on a fisher price hoop. everything he does looks stiff. Handles stiff, jump shot stiff. No style or flair. Even his dunks don’t do anything for me because of how tall and long his arms are. I feel the same way about Durant. Shorter guys just look more impressive and stylish when they dunk.

Even his post game is stiff. Guys like Embiid have way more style, flair, finesse, gorgeous footwork, etc in the post than Giannis. ****, even Shaq had more style and skill.

It’s effective but not “fun” to watch. Sorta like how Dwight was.

Harden dunks on people, breaks ankles, hits stepback 3’s in people’s grill, shoots from way behind the 3 point line, has no look lobs, passes through the legs, etc.

Has Giannis had a more entertaining game than when harden dropped 44/15/10 on the warriors in oracle or when he had 61 on the spurs?

In terms of entertainment, it’s not even close imo.

#657 Mr. Space City, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

The clippers piece of **** color man did this last night.....while the Rockets were running Harlem globetrotters weaves for open 3's and alley oop dunks.

What a b****.

Handles and Mr. Space City like this.
  18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Still trailing Giannis in the two all important "Plays the right way" and "Like his game" categories.

BaselineFade, D-rock, split41 and 3 others like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

NBA MVP debate: How to decide between Giannis and Harden

1. Rank the following in order of how important they should be to the MVP vote:
    A. Individual production
    B. Team success
    C. Narrative
    D. Historic precedent
    E. Other

2. Make your MVP case for or against Giannis Antetokounmpo.

3. Make your MVP case for or against James Harden

4. What part of picking an MVP this season do you find most challenging?

5. What is your biggest takeaway from this year's MVP debate?

Bonus: Who will and should win the MVP award?

Arnovitz: Giannis should win and, due to team success, likely will win.

MacMahon: It's a coin flip, but I'd guess Giannis wins in a close vote.

Herring: If I had to guess, I'd say Giannis will win, in part because his team fits a new, exciting narrative (which I personally put the least weight on).

I don't feel strongly enough to say who I think should win. But I do think Harden deserves some credit for what he has managed to do on defense, as he has put up better-than-expected metrics despite having gone one-on-one more than any other NBA team. Being productive at all on defense after being responsible for that much on offense is pretty insane.

Bontemps: Giannis. He has had a late headwind, the Bucks are going to have the NBA's best record, and he has the narrative of being both a fresh face and a dominant two-way force. There isn't a wrong choice here, but I believe he'll win it.

Pelton: I'm picking Harden, but I think Giannis will likely win a narrow vote. While we're here, there's still a surprisingly strong statistical case for Paul George to be in the discussion with the two front-runners, despite his post-All-Star shooting slump and Oklahoma City's slide down the standings. George remains the leader in ESPN's real plus-minus, and his box-score stats are competitive with those of Harden and Antetokounmpo.

#660 J.R., Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
    joshuaao likes this.