1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP of Playoff Round 1

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lwqbulb, May 3, 2009.

?

Who is the MVP of Playoff Round 1?

1. Yao Ming

43.9%
  2. Luis Scola

41.4%
  3. Shane Battier

6.9%
  4. Ron Artest

1.9%
  5. Aaron Brooks

0.8%
  6. Chuck Hayes

0.6%
  7. Carl Landry

0.1%
  8. Von Wafer

1.2%
  9. Kyle Lowry

0.4%
  10. Dikembe Mutombo

2.8%
  1. lwqbulb

lwqbulb Member

Everyone deserve credit in this team but I think that Scola did an outstanding job throughout the series. His hustle and consistent helped the team edge pass round 1. The 1st half of game 5 was when Scola surprise me with his solid offensive ability. He transform into a offensive monster and brought the rockets back into the game. Though in the end we lost, I still credit his effort.

Yao and Ron each had an outstanding game in game 1 and 6 respectively, but Scola was the foundation throughout the series. That's my opinion, share yours here.

2. diegot143

diegot143 Member

yeah i agree totally

3. fmullegun

fmullegun Contributing Member

Scola was a role player. He played the role of hitting the wide open shots made available by 2 guys being on Yao.

4. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

LUISSSSSSSSSS

5. abc0123

abc0123 New Member

This is my very first post, i think the credit should go to Yao even through he did not score that many points, but his very presence in the game cannot be measured by stats. One more thing, yao was very clutch in the first round. :)

6. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Scola was fabulous, but still gotta give it to Yao for giving wide open shots to other guys on the team. He wasn't all that consistent but he always had the biggest effect when he was on the floor with all the attention he drew and with his defense.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

how can you not vote for Scola? He was the only consistent player trough out the series.

8. dijk

dijk Member

I pick Ron just for balance :D

To be honest, I think MVP is a funny title, especially for this Rockets.

9. drowsy11

drowsy11 Member

how is this a question? scola was awesome but YAO is the reason for other players being able to step up.

10. 9495

9495 Member

Yao.
    He set the tone in the first minute of the first game, when the Rox stole HCA.
    After that, the home team won every game.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Yao without a doubt is the reason for basically everything that happens good and bad for Yao and straight up he is the best player on this team, so he should be "MVP" everytime.

BUT....

I believe it was Scola for this series and I'll tell you why. Yao had a couple games where he just did not play confidently and Scola stepped his game up in these games and without Scola doing what he did in the games, there would have been 2 7 footers on Yao all the time. Scola knocking down shot after shot after shot, kept Aldridge away from the post and allowed Yao to be able to at least get the ball.

Scola was beasty, he gets my vote.

1 person likes this.
  12. the_hustler

the_hustler Member

Scola all the way..

and battier too..

13. YaoMcgrady111

YaoMcgrady111 Member

Yao was solid like a rock.

14. Norway's Winter

well... IMO every ROX made their own contribution to the victory of SERIES, as it's a team effort so for me it's hard to choose one of them to be MVP. YAO made GM1 ez, SCOLA made BLAZERS pay for double team YAO, Shane hit couple 3s that really saved us, Von steped up from bench every night, Chuck saved GM4 by the OFF FOUL he made on ROY, Kyle & Carl caught several important OFF REBs... And Deke brought us courage... etc.

15. Norway's Winter

oh shxt... how come I forgot to mention RON RON... :eek:

16. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Scola is really a great answer to the missing piece regarding Yao's double teaming. He is very good at shooting the mid-range jumper. And he punished those Blazers for double teaming Yao again and again.

17. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Without Yao we won't get open looks, god it is not that hard...

18. landryfans

landryfans Member

Yao: MIP Most important player
    Scola: MVP Most value player

No scola: still got landry
    No Yao: dont stand a chance...

enn, I vote Yao...

19. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I voted Lowry. There were several times during this series where he came in off the bench and changed the course of how the Rockets were playing, for the better. We knew what we were going to get from our starters and Yao and Luis were certainly good. I just think the player that imapcted the team the most was Kyle - with leadership, attacking and grit. Much like Battier, he does a lot of things that stats just don't track.

20. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

Like our PA Announcer would say: "LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU EEEEEEEEEES SCOOOOOOOLA"

Our most consistent player.