1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mutombo, ink a deal we love you and need you in a non gay way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Aug 2, 2008.

1. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

2. joesr

joesr Member

3rd vid. What I dont understand is why Deke can jump straight up to block a shot and its all good but Yao jumps straight up and its a block??? wtf refs stop hating@

3. Albert Einstain

I would like to see deke play another year for rockets and help win a championship before he retires. deke may be eldly but he's still a great backup for yao. Joey dorsey may as well go for the texans where he can get more game time, after all, game time is quite valuable for the young guys to develop themselves. I expect deke to come back to play at least one year and retire with a championship ring on his finger.

4. joesr

joesr Member

how about you go to the texans forums instead (and stay) of Dorsey going to the texans.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

wtf, mutombo is not 5'8"? :eek:

6. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

The Bottom Line: We shouldn't be in a hurry to sign Deke right now, and we don't need to sign him for training camp or beginning of the season, however he needs to be signed before the all-star break.

I think Deke is a thoroughly proven commodity...agree?

Even the Celtics wanted to sign him, but Deke told them "no thanks(I'm Rockets through and through)".

I think its a great chance for us to make good use of that spare roster spot.
    Now that we're got 2 spots up for grabs, we should give a good look at two of:

Mike Harris
    • DJ Strawberry (my fav to stick)
    • Mike Harris(good chance of sticking too)
    • Von Wafer(played with Lakers before so has talent)
    • Damon Stoudamire(unlikely to stick unless he plays insane during camp)

7. declan32001

declan32001 Member

Yeah, I don't even understand what "gay" or "non-gay" is here. I know kids mean "gay" as a generic term for something that's not cool, but I've never seen a post here that I've "read" as gay. I don't even know who's qualified here to say what might be gay.

It is interesting, this world we live in. We all show love for virtually every Rocket on the roster at some point during the year, and some people feel uncomfortable about that?

That's weird.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I'm pretty sure some of the fans would want to... female ones...

9. rocketslover

rocketslover Rookie

are we going to sign mutombo or not? and why did we just sign dorsey, wafer, and campbell?

10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Are we going to bring him back or what the H people :mad:

bring back mt mutombo until a better option becomes available.

11. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Not exactly...Mutombo was able to play well over 15 MPG for 25 out of 26 games consecutively from feb 26-may 2nd (Rockets record was 21-11 over that stretch)

Thats GAME

12. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

13. wushui

wushui Member

Come on guys, we definitely need Mutombo back. Don't you guys miss his awesome defense and that finger wag of his? If we get out act together, we might even win the championship this year and I think Mutombo deserves a piece of it when he stepped up big time the times Yao was out.

14. joesr

joesr Member

Teehee, 15 mpg is nice, so thats most definitely considering that he had lots of bench time being so fresh and clean for the next 25 games...at 15 mpg. But I really don't know the debate here being lazy to read back.

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4IjhHvSVlA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K4IjhHvSVlA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I would like to think that in some small way that this thread gave us good luck and helped us resign Mt. Mutombo. Thanks to Deke and his agent, and the Houston Rockets for keeping him in Houston.

Thx for your contribution to this crazy thread and I now have closure and will let this thread drift out to sea. ;)

sound familiar:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=3916470#post3916470