1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mutombo, ink a deal we love you and need you in a non gay way

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tfor3, Aug 2, 2008.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would only consider him if the Kings bought him out as a spacing 5,but I wouldn't want him as a replacement for Deke.

2. x3ldonx

x3ldonx Member

IDK bout Tumbo...? I don't think he is as effective as Dorsey plus it takes up a spot we could use for someone younger or just a role player... like Mike Harris or Chuck Hayes

3. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Goodbye Deke. Thanks.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You guys really don't want him back if he signs for the vet minimum? I don't see how we can say no to that... If he asks for more, though, then yeah, I agree it's time for a heartfelt goodbye.

That second-to-last video was hilarious, though. I love how excited the Hornets bench got right before the block like they thought Snyder was about to make all kindsa highlight reels... well he made a highlight reel alright, bwahahaha.

5. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Offer him $2 Million of the MLE. The Rockets get a great team leader and ageless wonder, and the money goes to help sick children in Africa. Do it for the children.

6. Albert Einstain

Then marrty laune should be retained in the event that deke chooses to retire.I don't think anyother team will offer him a contract more than a vetran min.Marrty has as godd shooting skills as novak's ,but much stronger than the later one.Laune's size and defensive ability enable him to act as center.

Marrty is worth a contract,but i still hope deke agrees to accept morey's vetran min.and i think woods is not as good as laune.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Mutombo will be back to the rox, no retirement for him yet.

he will go out with at least 1 ring. :eek:

8. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

with Deke our bench defense will be the best in the league.

9. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

At the RISK of annoying quite a few of you, here is a bump for Deke.

The last thread was good luck as Landry inked a deal, Mutombo you are next.

Let's go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

For the newer members to the board, here are some links from last year that will brighten your life.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdLDRcPcyoo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DdLDRcPcyoo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/710espn/story?id=dd_dikembemutombo

11. diegot143

diegot143 Member

ppl under estimate Dekes effect on the team. winning is not all about how many shots you block, its about passion for the game, having fun not being in a bad mood, liking your teamate. What did the Celtics have that the Lakers didint have last year? they liked each other and worked together. Kobe is like a dictator in the Celtics and ruins it for them. We need Deke for what he brings from the bench and off the court. And the dude can still come in block shots and bring alot of energy on the home court.

12. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

I have a question: Is this a superstituous thread?

13. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

Will he play just one more season? :)

14. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Deke not able to play 10 minutes a night???

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/dikembe_mutombo/career_stats.html

He averages 15 minutes+ a night as a Houston Rocket and played his position as best as he could which was Strong rebounding, defense- prevent interior scoring, ability to finish under the rim, leadership, playoff experience, and desire to win it all. I wouldn't consider that decent...

15. clos4life

clos4life Member

Deke is an absolutely amazing backup center, even at 42 years young. I would love to sign him before camp even starts but it may drag deep into the season, which is unfortunate.

16. acerockets

acerockets Member

why are yao n muttumbo on at the same time in the 1st vid??

17. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't know why anybody wouldn't want mutumbo. He has surpassed every basketball expert's expectations every season as a Rocket. Signing a younger, less effeective player, to avoid giving Mutumbo the minimum for one season is ridiculous. Does anybody disagree that Mutumbo has been a top 3 back-up center the last 3 years?

18. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

I do think that Mutumbo will be retained. He is effective for the time he plays. By seen in the past, Mutumbo has only so much gas left in the tank. However, he is still effective for 10 minutes or so a game, for maybe 40 games a season.

He is still an effective shot blocker and excellent rebounder. Plays great defense. Has a super attitude. Thats's why the Rockets want Mutumbo back.

Mutumbo will be resigned as soon as the Rockets clear some financial room.

19. joesr

joesr Member

good times

20. joesr

joesr Member

and he only played 39 games....thats a lot of rest inbetween games. Thats a game then 2 off.