1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Music] binaural beats

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Commodore, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Recently discovered this. Maybe it's a placebo effect, but I find they help me with calm and focus:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)#Binaural_beats

A binaural beat is an auditory illusion perceived when two different pure-tone sine waves, both with frequencies lower than 1500 Hz, with less than a 40 Hz difference between them, are presented to a listener dichotically (one through each ear)...

For example, if a 530 Hz pure tone is presented to a subject's right ear, while a 520 Hz pure tone is presented to the subject's left ear, the listener will perceive the illusion of a third tone. The third sound is called a binaural beat, and in this example would have a perceived pitch correlating to a frequency of 10 Hz, that being the difference between the 530 Hz and 520 Hz pure tones presented to each ear.

Some claimed benefits of binaural beats therapy may include: reduced stress, reduced anxiety, increased focus, increased concentration, increased motivation, increased confidence, and deeper meditation.[7][8] Research is inconclusive about the clinical benefits of binaural beat therapy; it has been argued that it is best not to replace traditional treatments for stress and anxiety with this type of intervention until conclusive evidence is presented.

Rashmon and boomboom like this.
  2. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Seems pretty cool, if it works. I mean it does sound relaxing.

Gotta figure out how to get a mad beat mixed in there somehow. I mean how awesome would that be...dance music that relaxes you.

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Check into 40hz

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting

Rocket River

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Which one is the brown noise?

DonkeyMagic likes this.
  6. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

this is cool. definitely something you could put on if you wanted some ambient textures swimming around while youre doing something else. or maybe even sleeping. its interesting to listen to b/c the harmonics are constantly shifting and swirling around each other.

its very brian eno-ish.

this is what they should play in yoga classes. i was going to a place a few years ago where a teacher would play paula abdul and "dont stop believing" and s*** like that. really threw off my chi.