1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Muller indicts 13 Russians for Election Interference / Wire Fraud

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

lol. I'm guessing red in these particular indictments.

B-Bob likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

The impeachment talk seems kind of ridiculous, just based on today's news. Good lord. There's enough to sift through in these indictments, and that should be the focus of coverage. (Not that I expect MSNBC to act like journalists, but still.)

Interesting that primary candidates like Rubio were also targeted. Hope that doesn't get lost in the shuffle. I'm sure it won't be lost in the Senate.

ElPigto, Nook and Astrodome like this.
  3. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

I don’t have confidence that you’d know an intelligent response if you came across it. I was merely stating what everyone here is thinking. Your takes are so contrived and regularly contrarian, that no one believes a thing you say or that you may actually be a real person that thinks in the manner you portray.

You are no longer effective at it. When your mere endorsement of something makes others doubt its integrity, you should just change monikers.

Deckard likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Really? I mean, it didn't effect the outcome of the election, at all. Are you seriously making the claim that a Russian troll farm changed the outcome of the election? I mean, I guess I could see how a Democrat would want to believe that so that they weren't forced to learn the lesson from the election, but it's really counter productive for you to fool yourself like that. Make no mistake though, you are only fooling yourself. Clinton lost the election because she was a uniquely terrible candidate for president that got pushed by the DNC anyway. It had nothing at all to do with the Russians.

I would have thought by now this kind of delusional thinking would have passed.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Do they make red Ushankas?

6. Nook

Nook Member

I think that is a real stretch.

It would take a high level of negligence to clear that hurdle.

What it can do is possibly be used in concert with other evidence to show a pattern.

7. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One of Rubio's "broken clock is right twice a day" moments was when he urged fellow Republicans to take this seriously because Russia will not stop and they have no party loyalty. Perhaps he knew more than he said in that moment.

8. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Step back and look at Mueller's timing in each instance in which he has taken a similar action. In my humble opinion, this is another strong indication that he is heading towards something big.

Since our own compromised administration is unable or unwilling to take action to stop meddling in our elections, my guess is that Mueller is forcing their hand. (i.e. in regards to the upcoming mid-terms)

9. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah it would. You know better than that.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ah, gotcha, so it's that you aren't an intelligent person and that's why you believed that what you posted was an intelligent response. No worries, I accept you despite your handicaps.

The fact that a group of fringe left partisans won't accept reality is not my problem....and partisans and other stupid people aren't really who I'm speaking to in the first place, they are the people I'm speaking past....so when you talk about what is "effective", hate to break it to you but you aren't the target audience kiddo.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. Nook

Nook Member

No one said that was the conclusion of the two year investigation. Seems to me like it is still an active investigation. Also, they did a lot more than do simple face book posts. There went into a lot more depth than that.

Also, what "monetization" reasons? Give me some examples.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

So that is it? Russian internet trolls? Did we really need a special counsel for this?

pgabriel likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I hope there are indictments with regard to the collusion against Bernie. That was crazy!

15. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

16. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is exactly right. Mueller is a genius.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Fine people these Russuans, very fine people.

18. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Not even effective at hurting my feelings,”kiddo”. I think we all know who your target audience is and even those mouth breathers will come around soon.

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm laughing at people asking "So that's it?" or "Is that it?"
    1. These are serious crimes or maybe some folks don't believe in going after criminals and holding them accountable anymore.
    2. Where did anyone get the idea that this was "it"? Was it "it" when they indicted Manafort or got any of the other guilty parties pled guilty? That line of ridiculous questioning reeks of people eager to have the investigation done because they are worried that the candidate they supported will come out guilty of crimes or at the very least looking worse than he already does.
    3. It will be "it" when Mueller concludes his investigation. Until then, nobody knows for sure what if anything is going to come next unless they are way up there on Mueller's team.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  20. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Note to self: I would hate to have Mueller investigate me, especially if I was guilty.

Can't wait for Trump to tweet about this.

NewRoxFan likes this.