1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mrs. Malone's at it again!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by luckystrikes, Jun 10, 2004.

1. luckystrikes

luckystrikes Member

Did anyone see Karla poke that fan in the face before game 3? A fan was heckling him during shoot around and they got in each others faces. After a few words, Karla stuck out his hand and poked the guy like a little girl. I heard the fan got ejected, but I’ll bet Mrs. Malone will escape suspension once again. Any thoughts?

2. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

If Malone really did make contact with that fan, he should be suspended, and sued. The fan was ejected for protecting himself and pushing malones finger away from his face. The fan payed the money for the seat, it is his right to heckle whoever the hell he wants. This just proves all those people wrong who think malone is a classy guy off the court.

3. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

my cousin was at the game, she said that people around her said the guy might file charges, I don't know how accurate it is, or if he has a case, as it's got to be pretty far along the rumor wire by the time it reaches her, but that's what I've heard.

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

What an @s$hole.

5. canoner2002

canoner2002 Contributing Member

I saw it. Someone with Tivo should make a clip of it and post it online. Wonder what Karla will say about his girly thing.

Suspended? No. He is doing more harm than good to fakers when he plays.

6. sup123

sup123 Member

did the guy get kicked out of the game? He shouldnt have.

Fans always talk mess. Its part of the game.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i wonder what the guy was saying. malone gets heckled all the time so it kind of makes you wonder.

8. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

malone has gone down to low lvl BS loser

9. fatman510

fatman510 Member

gone down?
    No. He was already there long before tonight.

Jesus
    Ghandi
    Dubya (kidding)

Saddam
    Osama
    Hitler

Satan

Malone

10. Agent86

Agent86 Contributing Member

Funny I was thinking improvment

11. qrui

qrui Member

:D :D :D

12. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Spike Lee never gets tossed out of games, and he always heckles big name players in the Garden.

13. Jameson Paulz

Jameson Paulz Member

Does anyone have links to info about this incident. I did not watch the game, and I want to rub bsalt into the wounds of all of the Fakers fans @ work. (I work in LA)

14. ChucklesG

ChucklesG Member

So far nothing's happened, the fan didn't get thrown out of the game, Malone hasn't gotten punished, yet.

So maybe the League's going to play favorite with the Lakers yet again, or maybe they're reviewing and discussing it.

The thing that bothers me, and forgive me if I sound like a Pistons homer (even though I am) is if 'Sheed did the same thing in LA, I feel like Stern would have brought wrath from On High down on him.

15. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

You can easily see where they are going with this.

It's not found on any website. The incident is not even mentioned anywhere that i can find.

When the game started they showed the highlight of the incident only to go on and blame both of them, the fan and Malone saying that fans shuold know where to draw the line etc etc. Basically taking the side of Malone.

If the league was even looking at the tape with any detail there would have been some news on ESPN or any other sports site for that matter.

They are not going to do anything about it.

16. sup123

sup123 Member

the nba is once again full or crap. You will get fined for an obscene gesture, but not touching/poking someone in the face. The guy should sue on assualt. Bunch of BS.

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

So true!!

18. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I listened to the LA radio this morning (always love to after the Lakers lose :D ), the host never mentioned the incident (I might have missed it though). Rather, he went on and on about how couragous Malone was to play 18 mins. on a bad knee, how he sacrificed himself for the team, how he's a warrior, how he's willing to do anything to help the team win, blah blah blah. . . [puke]

BTW, didn't Mad Max get suspended for going into the stand because some fan said something nasty to him?

#18 Easy, Jun 11, 2004
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2004
  19. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

You know what, if that guy was getting personal with Malone, good for Malone. Malone has been heckled all his career, so the guy had to say something very personal for Malone to go after him like that. Maybe he called him a Uncle Tom or something like that. I can't stand Malone but that gives no coward the right to sit a few feet away from him and talk about his mamma or family or anything personal like that. If you do that then you better be prepared to face the consequences. Whatever that fan was saying I can guarantee you he wouldn't have said it if they were on the street. So that right there makes that fan a p***y. As much as I can't stand Karl Malone the basketball player, I can understand that no matter what the circumstances, there is a line that can't be crossed, and if it is, a man must stand up for himself. Obviously that line was crossed, and Malone stood up for himself, good for him.

20. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

I agree that personal attacks are one thing but this goes back to previous encounters by other players like Maxwell when someone said something about his still born daughter. He got in the crowd and went after the guy when he said it and was fined and suspended.

I understand he might have a right to defend himself, but the guy is doing it verbally, Malone can do the same but he as a player should not have tried to touch him etc. If one player gets fined or suspended for his actions which are similar but to a greater degree, then Malone too should be one to be at least fined.

This has happened plenty of times in the league where the player might not have even touched the guy but the fact that he had an altercation would get them fined.

Why is it okay for malone to do it and not even get repremanded. Double standard is in effect here and i think that's the problem people have with the situation.