1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Wonka

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jul 11, 2023.

1. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

Overkill

donkeypunch likes this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

A Willy Wonka prequel; didn't realize folks were asking for this.

Will keep tabs on it, I suppose, see people's thoughts here after it comes out.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Hugh Grant as an oompa loompa.....fantastic.

I once played an Oompa Loompa on a webshow I hosted......here we are updating our forum rules for Star Citizen.

My apologies if you actually made it through the whole thing.

DD

#23 DaDakota, Jul 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    Surfguy, MadMax, ROCKSS and 3 others like this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

he is sketchy as he is eccentric. in boy dahl writes about the dicey origins of the candies he enjoyed as a child but was warned about by adults.

5. i3artow i3aller

6. CrazyJoeDavola

[​IMG]

ROCKSS likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

we need a sequel on how young charlie takes the company and factory into the ground due to a lack of experience, which drives wonka into madness. a perfect villain origin story for him as he starts preying on children. directed by m night shmayamailman

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  8. VanityHalfBlack

You can never replace Gene Wilder. Who is this Timothy kid? And why is he in all these blockbuster movies? He kinda sucks?

Jontro and RKREBORN like this.
  9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I liked it. It's a good family flick. There was a story. I didn't particularly hate any characters I wasn't supposed to, and it was a good wholesome distraction to outside stuff.

The songs were catchy. Timothy did his best to Gene Wilder it up without being Wilder, and he can sing a pretty tune.

If you were a Roald Dahl fan, it felt like they tried to preserve Roald Dahl's style within a PG movie setting.

Deckard, MadMax and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  10. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

Its TimotHEE. Lol. Pretentious spelling.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  11. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I like the guy....but then heard he was dating a Kardashian

[​IMG]

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Is that a real photo?

Which Kardashian is he dating, Caitlyn?

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clearly, the fellow likes his sandwiches far too much. It’s making him gain weight in the wrong places! Odd that I didn’t notice that during the most recent Dune movie. Maybe it’s the stillsuit?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I mean, if I wore that, I'd look more like Violet after she turns into the blueberry.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm gonna be honest. This was not good. I don't know how anyone liked it. And I know, it got good reviews. But How. And Why. There was no mad hatter or wonderland feel to it whatsoever.

In fact, there was nothing interesting about it aside from some, but not all, of the visual sets. Even the store was kinda lame when we finally got to see it.

Not a movie for kids. Not for Adults. It was vanilla. Did not like the plot either. Trapped in a hotel, and a ledger heist. Really. They had a chance to build an entire chocolate world like potter did and just dropped that ball. And the only time they really connected to the original factory was in the last 10 seconds. So much potential. So disappointing.

VanityHalfBlack and JumpMan like this.
  16. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like the movie was okay but had a ceiling on it that would keep it from being great.

The references to the Gene Wilder film were recognizable and appreciated while at the same time seemed to limit the film from accomishing its unbridled potential artistically.

Had they gone entirely in their own direction, it surely would have faced criticism for not being respectful of the Gene Wilder film.

The performances were good and many elements were good. But all of the good aspects feel like none of them reached their full potential because the movie was just being sure it checked all the boxes of which audiences not to ostracize.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Some movies just can't (and shouldn't) be remade, the original was a classic (to me) and the quirkiness cannot be replicated. Good acting, good production but the entirety was as you said......vanilla. I wish I would have waited until it came to streaming.

18. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Our family enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything super amazing. Definitely worth a stream.