1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Star Wars: Han Solo Origin

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, May 9, 2016.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Full Teaser

K mf G and Deuce like this.
  2. 713

713 Member

Hahaha that meta line at the end is a huge middle finger towards the Disney doubters.

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The actor playing Solo is either miscast or just has such an uphill battle its going to be tough.

I mean Glover seems like a "perfect" fit, relative speaking, for young Lando.

This guy from the trailer doesn't look right, mannerism aren't quite there, etc. Maybe it'll be different in the movie itself, and its not an indictment on him, really.

Yung-T likes this.
  4. theimpossibles1

What was the name of Ep 4 again? You know, the original Star Wars movie?...

peleincubus likes this.
  5. theimpossibles1

I for one am very excited for this movie. Looks very promising and will be the first movie to show us some insight on the younger lives of some original trilogy characters.

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

It is hard to "recast" Ford as Solo. But I am willing to give this movie a shot. Honestly, I thought the trailer looked pretty good. Had a Rogue One feel to it. Darker and gritty. Back to the space western. Good decision.

Yung-T and theimpossibles1 like this.
  7. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

Maybe its just the trailer, but that person behaves nothing like han solo. Solo had quick wit which usually showed itself when arguing with Leia or Chewie. Solo was also condescending to everyone (luke he called 'kid', obi won he called 'old man', leia he called 'your highness'). I hear none of these things.

KingCheetah likes this.
  8. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

I think it looks and feels awesome, with one glaring exception... dude doesn't look or sound anything like a young Harrison Ford.

I'm hoping that once the movie starts playing, my disbelief will be suspended and I can just get into that place and go with the flow... but I'm a little dubious.

Yung-T and KingCheetah like this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chewy looks skinny

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

FIFY.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Decent trailer I guess. On some shots, they did a half-decent job of making him look somewhat like Ford, in others the difference is pretty jarring. I'm sure it'll have some good moments, but I'm not too excited about this.

12. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Looks are what they are, but I'm willing to give them a chance on the character. Especially since he barely said anything in the trailer. =)

Also, people become more jaded, cynical, and just generally more grumpy as they get older. It's possible he was more naive and optimistic when he was younger. Who knows, the movie may show the events that push him more in the direction we see him later in life.

That being said...they better make him at least somewhat of an *******. Nobody changes that much! :) The movie just isn't going to be edgy or believable if he comes across as a misunderstood do-good-er.

Yung-T, Deuce and eric.81 like this.
  13. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

He should be a wise cracking, fast talker. Ford's Solo was. What little was said seemed like the exact opposite.

mikol13 likes this.
  14. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I hear ya. And that's probably not something you "learn" as you get older. Ugh...

I'm just trying to keep hope alive at this point, okay? :)

Yung-T, Deuce and eric.81 like this.
  15. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Meh, a little disappointed from the trailer. Its like a lot of you guys say...it doesn't seem like "Han". You think that would've been one of the most important factors in casting him. More and more it seems like Disney just took Star Wars and just said, "#*ck it! Let see how much money we can make from this b****...the hell with maintaining any kind of continuity!" I'll be waiting for this and probably any other "Star Wars" (if you can really call them that anymore) to come out on Blu ray.

16. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Visually, the trailer looks spectacular. My skepticism lies in whether this movie has a compelling story that needs to be told and whether Alden Ehrenreich can be Han. I hope there's a good balance of humor and action/drama. Don't take yourself too seriously. I love Rogue One but don't be that. Be unique in style but still true to Star Wars. That's what I want from these anthologies.

17. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

I’ll watch it as well. But it doesn’t have a Rogue One feel. The trailer was bad and didn’t flow together very well. As Han would say, “I got a bad feeling about this.”

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The actor is so different from Harrison Ford he will have to reset the character and make the role his own. If Ford isn't hard-wired into everyone, he's got a chance to do that. I'm open-minded and hopefully most people are.

So much is at stake. If it does well, Disney has another gold-plated trilogy. Hans Solo is my favorite Star Wars character and I'm rooting hard.

Yung-T likes this.
  19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Love the look of it. I’m hopeful. I think I’m gonna like Star Wars stories even though I loathe what they’re doing with prequels. 70 mm is amazing.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

too bad there isn't any jedi's in this since this probably takes place right after darth anakin destroyed the order and... and... and the younglings! :*(

a star wars movie without lightsaber weilders isn't complete imo. hence why rogue one felt like it was missing a big piece.