1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MOVIE: Max Payne

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by EssTooKayTD, Aug 21, 2008.

Tags:
  1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

http://www.maxpaynethemovie.com

Soo...I remember the games having some weird stuff in them, but I don't recall any winged creatures.

Nonetheless, seems interesting enough to watch for me.

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I think the winged thing is supposed to be when he is tripping on the Valkyr or whatever that drug was called. If not, I dont know what the hell that is all about. Really enjoyed the game and like Wahlberg being cast as Max.

3. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Reminds me of Constantine.

4. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

As much as I would like this to be good, I just know its going to absolutely suck.

5. EssTooKayTD

Hitman was disappointing for me...I'm afraid this will be too. But oh well, we know it won't stop most of us from seeing it.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I liked Major Payne!!!

Rocket River
    "you still a ***** sandwich . . but at least you not a soggy one!" - Major Payne

7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I did expect more out of Hitman

Rocket River

8. yobod

yobod Member

It seems as though they're angels of death. Maybe just a cool special effect everytime Max Payne kills someone, or someone dies...it just adds a deeper dimension to the movie i guess.

"you know when you were a kid and you ran across the grave yard"

I think the angels of death effect makes Max Payne more menacing, like hes coming to get you...

9. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

Last time I played Max like 7-8 years ago, it was more a film noire/graphic novel type instead of this supped action hero movie guns blazing Constatine look alike. The best part of the game was how they told the story as a comic book style drawings. Also it was much more psychological and creep with all the flashbacks and hallucinations especially the one with the freaking bloody labyrinth.

10. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

I loved playing Max Payne but man that **** was unrealistic like ****ing crazy. I think he died about 3-4 times , one of them was a ****ING BULLET HOLE through his brain and all he has to do is have a "hallucination" and he's magically back to life. Good as new, lol.

11. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Yeah, reminded me of Constantine too. But as far as video game adaptations go they generally suck but this one looks like it has some potential.

12. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

I thought the black guy was akon :rolleyes:

13. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

hitman was a bitter disappointment. and seeing as how i will have low expectations going into this movie, i may be surprised.

im exited about this, it was the first ps2 game that i played. i like how he had that same expression throughout the whole game in part one. it was hilarious.

14. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

hmmm...actually looked kind of decent. I'm a mark fan so I might go see this.

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i loved the max payne video games and i think marky mark is a badass but the trailer looks off for some reason. i'll watch it with low expectations and maybe it'll turn out pretty good.

16. EssTooKayTD

Anyone see this yet by chance?

17. xcharged

xcharged Member

my wife wanted to go to a movie and we picked Max Payne because there was absolutely nothing else to see.

We don't play the game and didn't know anything about the movie other than what we saw from previews.

It was 'meh' at best. 2 out of 5 stars

18. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I saw it last weekend and I liked it. It could have been much better had he been more miserable, traumatized, drug addicted and a mess before the last half hour of the movie.

What I remember of the game, Max was a deeply scarred guy who was always on the verge of death, took drugs for the pain while fighting off hordes of bad guys with a whole police force after him.

You really only got a hint of all that and really didn't kick in until late in the movie.

I thought Ludacris' acting was pretty bad though.