1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Jontro

Jontro Member

john wich during his early assassin days would be great. played by tom cruise of course.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Screw Tom Cruise, Sharukh Khan is where it is at. He'll throw in a dance.

R0ckets03 and Jontro like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

cannot afford sharukh, he's too big of a star with too much talent. no shame in settling for tom.

daywalker02 likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

so true to jontro fashion, i just saw it (late). so i don't get it, is winston a baddy? he shot john knowing his suit is bullet-proof and he'd survive the fall right? so basically pulling a win-win for himself and john?

also this high table is ruled by some 40-something breh in the desert who seems rather defenseless?

jcf likes this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

He probably called the Bowery while John and the cool hotel manager were pew pewing everybody. Its gonna be Winston, Bowery and John going against breh in the desert protected by camels. Someone needs to kill Sinead O conner though.

Jontro likes this.
  6. Jontro

Jontro Member

sinead o cinner is a bish and schitte character. she should be violently deleted in the opening of jw4.

also high table big boss doesn't seem like a wise person. jw should be able to kill him with ease then spend the 90 minutes that's left of the movie secksing halle berry.

donkeypunch likes this.
  7. donkeypunch

Im trying to get my tickets to this movie meow.

Jontro likes this.
  8. jcf

jcf Member

Ok. Weak potential spoiler:

So, the entire plot of JW2 was based on John's original decision not to honor a mark without even hearing the ask.

JW3 has a similar aspect to it.

Love the movies and the character, but is he simply allowed not to honor his word/oaths?

9. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

For clarification, JW2, he did honor the mark...he just didn't honor the rules afterwards.

I think the point of the movies is that no, him not honoring his word has the consequences that come with it which basically is the reason why JW3 happened. I'm sure JW4 will be related to his breaking word to camel dude and them finding out he's not dead.

10. jcf

jcf Member

Yes, ultimately he honored the mark in JW2 but at first his position was a hard "no" which is why his house was destroyed. He didn't even bother to hear what the ask was, and his life could have been forfeit then.

He only honored the marker after discussing with Winston.

I agree with you re: theme of consequences. I just find it interesting that our protagonist does not seem to feel bound by his word but then acts like other people's word is sacred (the "ticket"/Halle's own marker)

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

Good movie plot twist were really good ones.

12. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

True, I guess when you can kill everyone, that comes with the territory of "I do whats I want".

jcf likes this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I was just a tad disappointed. I guess I was a little bored by the 3rd act, but absolutely loved:

• Boban!
    • Animal assists!
    • Attention to loading!
    • Motorcycle-fu!
    • Keanu's silly acting!

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're seeing some leaky Wick here!

:eek:

Jontro likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i enjoyed the raid brehs fight. it was almost like camaraderie betweem assassins. the fake japanese bald breh was a stupid villain tho. can't buy into him being a boss man.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Agree on raid brehs! And villain was too fawning -- his lines were a little lame.

Jontro likes this.
  17. donkeypunch

You should see him on Iron Chef America. The guy is a joke of a character on there too. He knows the kung fus doe.....

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  18. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

The fight direction was much improved from the first two. I assumed they got a new director but it was the same guy who did the first two. He's getting better. Halle Berry and the dogs were awesome.

The Elder really needed to be a big name. I was thinking it was gonna be a Jackie Chan or a Sean Connery. But it was just some middle aged jabroni.

I hope they don't get into the trap of making these movies longer and longer. These movies need to be 90-100 minutes tops. This one dragged a little. Thumbs up though.

Jontro, boomboom and B-Bob like this.
  19. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

20. donkeypunch

Keanu is the real deal with firearms. Hes a real competition shooter now.

When all is said and done, do we remember his legacy as John Wick or Neo? I vote John Wick.

jcf likes this.