1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

JOHN WICK: CHAPTER 3 Adds Los Angeles Clippers Center Boban Marjanovic To Its Cast As An Unnamed Assassin
    [​IMG]
    John Wick has faced his share of unnamed thugs, assassins and dog murderers, but he’s probably never faced a professional basketball player over 7 feet tall! Learn more after the jump!
    L0RDbuckethead | 6/6/2018
    Filed Under: "John Wick" Source: /Film
    [​IMG]The John Wick series is looking to be one of the better action trilogies in the last few years. The third installment, John Wick 3, is shaping up to have the most star-studded cast of the action franchise yet. A few days ago, it was announced that Halle Berry (Die Another Day, Catwoman) would be taking on a villainous role in the action sequel.

Yesterday, courtesy of writer Hoai-Tran Bui at /Film, we learned that the film has added Los Angeles Clippers center Boban Marjanović as an unnamed assassin. As one of the tallest players in the history of the NBA (13th, I believe) at an astounding 7 feet, 3 inches tall (221 cm), the Serbian national will definitely add a looming presence to the highly-anticipated action film. This casting makes sense, considering filiming is set to take place in Russia, and Boban is of Serbian heritage.

[​IMG]

Serbian native Boban Marjanović is only 29 years old, but has shown some promising development playing for the San Antonio Spurs, Detroit Pistons and Los Angeles Clippers over the past 4 seasons, as well as a few Serbian professional teams and Russian professional team CSKA Moscow before that. The current Clippers bench player will follow in the path of other famous NBA post-players such as Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (Airplane), Shaquille O'Neal (Kazaam, Steel) and Roy Hibbert (Parks & Recreation) and feature in a Hollywood production.

Chad Stahelski returns to direct a script by Derek Kolstad, who wrote the first two John Wick films as well. Starring Keanu Reeves, the official synopsis states:

"John Wick, still on the run following his killing of a High Table member inside The Continental, and with a $14 million global contract out on his life. Banned from any company services, John must fight his way out of New York."

don grahamleone and daywalker02 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Bobo looks like he'd be safe from pencil stabbings.

mikol13 and Jontro like this.
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

They should cast Michael Vick as a villain in the movie.

Jontro, donkeypunch and justtxyank like this.
  4. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I haven't seen any of these movies, are they good?

5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Do you like high body count flicks?

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Please move to NBA dish.

B-Bob and Jontro like this.
  7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Is he surfing in this one...or riding on a bus?

Jontro likes this.
  8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

GOOD? Probably not lol.

They are a great guilty pleasure though.

jcf, Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.
  9. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Keanu Reeves is the worst actor. I stopped watching his films a longggg time ago. The minute I see his name , I avoid it.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

If you like dogs and/or undignified killing in your movies, you should probably check these out. I promise you he never says, "Whoah....!" in these flicks.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

can john wick even post play?

12. edwardc

edwardc Member

Would like to see a trailer of part 3.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I like these John Wick movies, just don’t go in expecting some sort of nice plot

I need to see Denzel and John Wick team up in some sort of Equalizer-John Wick crossover

jcf, RunninRaven, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like the way you think

Rocket River

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Keanu is the best when he doesn't speak. He barely speaks in these movies so they are actually great. Keanu's dedication to training martial arts and real life shooting for movies in unmatched by anyone.

Jontro likes this.
  16. Xerobull

New JOHN WICK 3: PARABELLUM Image Shows Laurence Fishburne And Ian McShane Side By Side
    [​IMG]
    Hype has been slowly building for the third chapter in the John Wick franchise. With stills dropping from time to time, the latest reveals a meeting between two of the series' most intriguing characters...
    Rod Joseph | 8/14/2018
    Filed Under: "John Wick" Source: Lionsgate
    [​IMG]

Within five years, John Wick has already become one of the most popular action characters in film history. With two amazing films under his belt, the franchise has brought the action sensibilities audiences have been begging for. Due to intense world building, and an amazing portrayal from Keanu Reeves, it's clear this franchise ain't leaving anytime soon.

Following the gamechanging events of John Wick: Chapter 2, the character is now "excommunicado," with pretty much all the Continental's assassins out to get him. John Wick 3: Parabellum has already set itself up to be a fantastic trilogy capper, due to the outrageous groundwork/cliffhanger its predecessor left.

Involved in the shenanigans are both the Bowery King (Laurence Fishburne) and Winston (Ian McShane), who are pictured together in the new still Lionsgate has released.

[​IMG]

Having not shared a scene in Chapter 2, the latest image from Parabellum teases an eventful encounter between the two. We'll have to wait to find out context of the still when the sequel hits next May.

17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I'm all in . . .. love a good SHOOT'EM UP!

Rocket River

jcf likes this.
  18. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm a bit surprised that they keep making these movies. Maybe the production budgets aren't that high? The 2nd one didn't even cross $100 million domestic and ended at like $178 million globally, which makes me think they probably just barely broke even on what they made from it. But I love them so I hope they keep making them until Keanu is old and infirm.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think the first one was 20 million for budget and 2nd was 40 million, so they're making 4x+ on each.

They're probably keeping budget lower due to the R rating etc etc, but budget wise are killing it.

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

First movie budget was $20m and did 43m domestic / 45m international for a total of 88m

Even if the second movie was budgeted at $40m (which hasn't been disclosed but I doubt), it did, as you said, 178m globally.

That's a massive profit margin, better than 400% for both movies.

They wouldn't keep making them if they weren't making money. I'm sure Keanu is executive producing. Easy money.

Link to BoxOfficeMojo info

CCity Zero likes this.