1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] Captain Marvel

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Jan 26, 2018.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Why didn’t Fury page Captain Marvel during the first Avengers movie?

peleincubus likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Brie Larson wasn't under contract yet

DreamShook and mrm32 like this.
  3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hmmm. That second trailer gave off "DC film" vibes with it's way-overpowered hero and lots of CGI. Also looks like the kind of CGI that will age badly in 5-10 years.

Marvel deserves my benefit of the doubt, but I don't love the 2nd trailer.

4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It does look DC-ish. But it also looks exactly like the most recent Marvel vs Capcom video game.

[​IMG]

tinman and rockbox like this.
  5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

It didn't seem like he needed CM for the first Avengers. Remember they were still trying to find a way for the initial members of the Avengers team to play well with each other.

Plus I'm sure she's traveling the cosmos or whatever story they'll flash forward to once we get to the end credit scenes of this flick.

6. CCorn

CCorn Member

She looks like a non sucky version of Ironman

fallenphoenix likes this.
  7. Dmo

Dmo Member

As a huge MCU fan, this looks very underwhelming but Marvel's track record has been great so still holding out hope for this one.

8. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

That was EXACTLY my impression when I saw that.

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Considering there is a dude that kicked Hulk's ass and then proceeded to wipe out half of the universe's population, I think they need someone that is overpowered to fight Thanos.

Falcons Talon and Jontro like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

Like another poster said, probably didn't need her yet. Plus, it's hard enough for the "Earthers" to accept a green rage monster, norse god siblings and extraterrestrial enemies...imagine if Captain Marvel was added to the fold. #brainmelt

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

im not so much into female superhero leads as i can't imagine myself being that character. but would smash cm.

BruceAndre likes this.
  12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hawkeye falls in faint

rockbox likes this.
  13. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I had kind of the same reaction. The short sequences we saw in space reminded me of the bits of the Aquaman trailer that were all happening underwater...and it didn't look good. Sometimes effects are not completely polished for trailers so maybe it's fine. I hope they don't go overboard and things start to look ridiculously cartoonish.

14. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

This main actress is super low energy. she looks stiff as a board. Carol Blanders.

Calling it. Gonna flop. Marvel's Solo.

#174 tallanvor, Dec 4, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2018
    BruceAndre likes this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I’m still getting Green Lantern ugh vibes from the trailer, but GL didn’t have Samuel L Jackson.

Would pulling in half a billion still be a flop?

16. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm not sure how she can save the avengers when she couldn't even handle the Santa Claus situation. Is she really that powerful.

BruceAndre likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm still going to see it but it looks like it has a LOT of potential to be a bad movie. Then again, Marvel more than deserves the benefit of the doubt but the trailers haven't gotten me hyped up to see it.

I think it's interesting that they are calling her the most powerful character seen thus far, I'm not sure how they'd back that up. There's no universe where Captain Marvel was anywhere near as powerful as Thor, Hulk, or Scarlet Witch....so we'll see what they do to change her character into Superman.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

In the trailer her voice was changing a lot between authoritative and vally-girlish. The "I'm not gonna fight your war, I'm gonna EEEEND IT" sounded weird. The commanding deeper voice worked better for me. I'm expecting her character to be very wooden as I imagine her life is spent with just one thing in mind w/o room for anything personal, but I don't want her coming off like some teenage youtuber like that one line sounded. They got my money already so I hope it'll be good. Mostly I'm curious how this movie is going to fit into the timeline and how they are going to explain her absence during all the marvel events thus far.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

My guess would be that she wasn't on Earth for any of it. She was probably off doing Kree stuff or whatever.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

It's the first female-led movie from Marvel, it's going to make more than $500m.