1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] A Quiet Place: Day One

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GRENDEL, Feb 7, 2024.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

The trailer for “A Quiet Place: Day One” has been released, marking the latest installment in the post-apocalyptic horror franchise spawned from 2018’s “A Quiet Place.”

As the title suggests, the film will explore the beginning of the invasion in which deadly alien creatures with hyper-sonic hearing arrive on Earth.

The original film and its direct follow-up were helmed by “The Office” and “Jack Ryan” alum John Krasinski, but Michael Sarnoski directs the upcoming third installment. The first two films focused on the survival of the Abbott family, consisting of Krasinski and his real-life wife Emily Blunt as Lee and Evelyn, who do everything they can to protect their children, Regan (Millicent Simmonds) and Marcus (Noah Jupe).

“A Quiet Place Part II’s” cold open showed Lee and the rest of the Abbott family navigating the chaos of the first day of the invasion in their quaint suburban town. The prequel “Day One,” however, will introduce new characters attempting to survive the invasion in its early stages while in New York City. Newcomers to the “A Quiet Place” franchise include Lupita Nyong’o “(Us,” “Black Panther”), Alex Wolff (“Hereditary”), Joseph Quinn (“Stranger Things”) and Denis O’Hare (“True Blood”) star, while “A Quiet Place Part II” star Djimon Hounsou (“Gladiator”) returns.

The film is produced by Paramount Pictures, Platinum Dunes and Sunday Night Productions. Krasinski remains involved with the franchise as a producer alongside Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller.

“A Quiet Place: Day One” opens in theaters June 28. Watch the full trailer below.

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/a-quiet-place-day-one-trailer-lupita-nyongo-1235707453/

ROCKSS, FrontRunner and Xerobull like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

they're making franchises out of everything now

Ziggy, mtbrays and Ottomaton like this.
  3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm very interested to see how the aliens pretty much took over the world. Overwhelming numbers would be one way, I suppose. Still, they weren't exactly invulnerable in the first movie, you could still kill them. People adapt and work together.

Cast looks good. Will watch. On streaming.

4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

It would be interesting if there was a large areas humans still controlled and an active warzone with the monsters and whatever brought them -- seems like an LRAD turned to eleven would do the trick (on the monsters at least).

Xerobull likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

6. Xerobull

It's not like the military and larger police departments don't already have these weapons, either.

I guess this is the debate for lots of end of the world scenarios- how realistic are they, really?
    • Skynet/The Matrix - AI takes over everything, feasible
    • Zombies - easily spread and actively chases their prey, feasible
    • Blind space aliens sensitive to sound and can be shot in the face when they open their faces to listen - ehhhh

7. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Day 2: Silent Boogaloo

ROCKSS, Blake and MadMax like this.
  8. PhiSlammaJamma

Ninjas would have an advantage. That's the plan.

Jontro and Xerobull like this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

$$$$$$$$

Rocket River

Jontro likes this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

Is this a "franchise"? or just another sequel?

They're making another 28 Days/Weeks Later movie too...sounds like it has potential.

Jontro likes this.
  11. Jontro

Jontro Member

they finna go the conjuring route and pump out bad movies every few years hoping to capture the furiously fast lightning.

12. Buck Turgidson

Cillian Murphy says he wants to do the 28 Days sequel, direct sequel to the first movie, original director/writer

If they want to do that...who am I to say "no"?

Jontro likes this.
  13. Jontro

Jontro Member

nobody says no. that word doesn't exist for cilian murphy. he needs to franchise

[​IMG]

14. Buck Turgidson

[​IMG]
    ...MUUUUUUUURRRPHHHHHH

15. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I loved the first 2 so count me in.............this looks like one I will see in a theatre..

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  16. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Lupita has a dump truck

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

So Emily Blunt ded.....bluntly.

Jontro likes this.
  18. Xerobull