1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mount Mutombo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston22, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Houston22

Houston22 Member

Guys, I know there have bee other thrads, but... oh, well..

I think Mutombo should play extended minutes. Many here think he brings so much to the table. I say trim Yao's minutes a little bit, or for starters - let's get some Finger time. We saw a glimpse of him and I think he is more than ready to give it one more time. What do you think? And if so, lets start some "we want Deke" chants..

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I will give this thread 4 stars just for the quote, "let's get some Finger time".

I do think Rick is helping Mutombo by not pushing him to play until Mutombos sure he can contribute.

3. Galaksy

Galaksy Member

Time to stick the finger up :D

4. jadednaga

jadednaga Member

Yao is so skilled he barely needs practice. A 7'6" guy that is fluid and remarkably more aggressive with the dunks and put backs shouldn't be sitting. You think Tracy in the game will allow Von and Rafer to drive on the weak side for an easy layup? Or Barry to drain 3 after 3 like he suddenly has been as successfully? Yao is the best post man in the game period and can help this team more than anyone period. Last years streak was hustle that we have yet to see in this team without Yao this season.

5. jkckwong

jkckwong Member

Yao's offense ability is much more effective when he's not tired; and we need a 7' guy to protect the basket throughout each game. Opponent teams' layups in recent games have been killing us!

That must be the reason for Mutombo's return. Needless to say every Center needs a backup.

With this in mind, I think Yao 7-8 and Mutombo 4-5 minutes' PT each quarter would be appropriate.

We need a 100% fresh and healthy Yao for each game, more importantly in the playoff. Also, we need a fully game-ready Mutombo.

Don't hesitate Coach Adelman! Let Rox fans enjoy wagging moments again! Go Rox!

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I think Deke will see some time once he gets into game shape. For right now, he is an effective cheerleader with awesome NBA knowledge. Come playoff time, if we are fortunate enough to be there, his role will become even more crucial.

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Yao HAS been playing fewer minutes this year, as well as resting more often in btw games. I've not seen him winded yet this year, so I assume he's doing ok in that department. The only argument for benching Yao more is to reduce his chance for injury, but honestly that's the same thing as saying "never go outside in the daytime bc you have a .001% chance of getting skin cancer.

Now that he has a minor knee bruise though, it's probably a good idea to sit him until he's completely recovered.