1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Motion to Ban Jerome Solomon articles

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by The_Yoyo, May 26, 2010.

1. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Basically what the title says

the guy writes poorly written pieces without even checking his facts or anything only to get people angry and in turn get him the hits needed on his blog.

i just think that the only way he gets fired is if he doesnt get these hits and the only way we can prevent people from doing that is to not have his articles posted here at all. Best way to make a pest go away? totally ignore him

Clutch I know he is a local writer but the guy is terrible I am surprised he still has a job after that special olympics comment on the radio

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

He's a glorified blogger, lump him in with realgm and the like. Time to take out the trash in the bbs.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I support the idea, although if Clutch banned every crappy writer who put out a column on the Rockets, we'd lose half the threads in the GARM.

Oh, wait... :eek:

1 person likes this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

That's cool, we have enough ameature crappy writers in the GARM to support ourselves. It's all the "professional" crap that I can't take.

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was excited about losing half the threads in the GARM. ;)

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

this is stupid

7. raj87

raj87 Member

For the record, I agree with you. I do not believe any of the Houston Chronicle writers warrant a ban.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Hey everyone, let's ban free speech from Clutchfans.net!

No man, no! Don't be that way. Let the man exercise his rights and get over it. He has his opinions and you can deal with it.

9. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

Don't ban his articles from being posted but we as clutchfans citizens should boycott replying or even viewing any threads with his articles.

10. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

well I'm with you. You don't have 100% freedom of speech on this site anyway so I'm okay with pushing the envelope here

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Oh come on, ban the guy? LOL...really?

Because he says stuff that stirs the pot from time to time?

Or has a "Hold em accountable" mentality in his writings?

I mean we still tolerate Richard Justice around here.....

Nah, IMO banning is an overeaction, if people don't like what he says...they have control......simply ignore it, or don't read it.

And sometimes Solomon has some interesting takes......and he is a poster here.......but has not been around in a while.

But banning him, or his stories, that just seems silly. I mean why get offended by what someone writes ?

Have you guys been to Philly and read their writers, or New York? Solomon is minor in annoyance compared to some other writers.

Maybe we should all just toughen up a bit and stop whining about contrasting views.

He is just doing his job.....

DD

#11 DaDakota, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's not so much that I have to read it (or skip it), it's the fact that when someone makes the unfortunate decision to post a Solomon article on Clutchfans he automatically gets hundreds of hits that he wouldn't get otherwise.

I don't know about this whole 'banning free speech' propaganda, but I do know that he doesn't deserve those hits.

13. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He's an absolute moron, DD could do his job better in 30 seconds a day.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lots of people on here could Clutch, Jeff, you, the OP, R2k, tons of other posters......

Not the point though, just because we don't like what he writes on a lot of occassions does not mean that sometimes he has some interesting things to say.

Seems that Solomon making fun of fans getting involved in the Bosh thing has hit a nerve with fans that put some of their own time in to doing exactly that.

Anyway, it is Clutch's site, he can do what he wants....I just think the idea of banning someone is silly.....

This is a Rocket's fan site, which spurs debate, discussion and discourse....even if you don't like what some writers are saying, doesn't mean that others feel exactly the same....

And there may be an occassion where he says something poinent, but if banned...it would not be discussed......

Just seems silly to me.....

That is my .02

DD

15. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

He's not writing anything of value though, he's writing to stir up the fans and get more hits.

I could crap out better articles in my sleep.

16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

So what if he gets hits? I personally support the paper in any way I can. You should be thankful there even IS a paper in Houston at this point.

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

OK, go ahead and blog away. Blogging isn't a skill. Write a news story as well as Solomon and then come talking that talk. There is a huge difference in blogging and writing a legit news article.

18. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

His "articles" make people stupid. I like my fellow Rockets fans to be at least a little intelligent and sort of know what they're talking about at the very least.

If someone comes into your house as a guest and urinates on your furniture, do you just shrug your shoulders and say "eh, that's just where he goes to the bathroom!" No, you kick him the @&#% out of your house.

1 person likes this.
  19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

If its his blog, why is it even being posted.

There are far better blogs about the Rockets out there online that people can bookmark, and Clutch doesn't allow them to post links here as threads... Solomon shouldn't be any different.

20. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

I'm all for it.