1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MoT = anti OT

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ACL1, Nov 22, 2002.

Tags:
  1. ACL1

ACL1 Member

I was watching the game and I suddenly noticed how much opposite of Ot is MoT. I mean their games. Otis loved dirty work, MoT shy's away from it. When there was a shot OT used to fight under the basket, MoT goes to the wing and watches his poit guard get more rebounds everynight. Then Again, MoT is a much better offensive player. did I say not much of rebounder. People like Nash could never get offencive rebounds when OT was around.
    Retire his number too. Maybe it will be an example for other power forwards in this team that dirty work gets rewarded too.

2. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I agree OT's number should be retired by the Rockets. I don't think we beat the Knicks without OT. He was perfect for that series.

3. CLFranchise

CLFranchise Contributing Member

But then what number will Eddie Griffin wear?

4. aries323

aries323 Member

OT was the perfect teammate for Hakeem. Man... he played really well for us. Didn't do crap the rest of his career.

5. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

Isn't Eddie Griffin too, shying away from the post, and settling for the outside shot?

Sure, Griffin is a better shot blocker right now, than Thorpe was, but Griffin ought to work on low-post moves.

He shouldn't be a man to take three point shots.

6. ACL1

ACL1 Member

Actually I was trying to focus on the dirty work more. U know, pushing people off the block, boxing out, holding people down so hakeem could have the rebounds. Being a real big man, a force, an anchor. not offencively but everywhere. Just muscle. Even willis wasn't that. Maybe larry smith was.

I honestly believe w/o OT hakeem would not have had the rebounding and block shot numbers that he did. Next time u watch an old Utah game watch him and see how everytime Karl Maolne gets the ball shoved in his face by the dream, there is OT in beetween them on the ground, either holding Katl down or just putting a body on him. He was the tough guy on our team. Not dirty but tough. Actually i thought he was a nice guy too.

That is what Houston needs. Every teanm that is succesful needs that, Oakly, Buck williams, AC green, etc. Guys that do not necessarily whant the glory but they are there to make them the tougher.

Who is that guy in the rox today?

I am surprised Mr. Mean hasn't said something.

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

except get the Pistons the Grizzlies first round pick for the next draft!!!

8. zzhiggins

zzhiggins Member

MoT and OT are opposites. If Otis had MoTs offensive game he would have been a top 50 player.

If MoT had Thorpes game around the basket you could say the same....But it will never happen,,they are opposites........

9. Miggidy Markell

Would the answer for MoT's weaknesses be fixed if we tie him up and force him to watch games with OT in them? I thought that a good mentor for MoT would have been Charles Barkely. Mo seems to been a good listener and I know for sure Charles would put Mo through the sorts of things that Moses Malone put Charles through. What I expect is that he boxes out, and uses his frame to his advantage. Imagine what someone like, Carlos Rogers could do if he were MoT's size!