1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most Surprising team so far ?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by Ramu3, Oct 14, 2011.

Tags:
?

Most Surprising team so far ?

1. Packers 5-0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Lions 5-0

30.8%
  3. Bills 4-1

34.6%
  4. Pats 4-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Chargers 4-1

1.9%
  6. Saints 4-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Niners 4-1

26.9%
  8. Ravens 3-1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Redskins 3-1

3.8%
  10. Others

1.9%
  1. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Which one ?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

tougher question than most disappointing. i would think its obviously between bills, niners, and redskins. i will go bills

3. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Gotta be Redskins for the mere fact that they set their team up for the Andrew Luck sweepstakes before the season started, then inexplicably they playin like they wanna host a playoff game.....Surprising indeed!!!

4. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

I'm going with the Bills. Fred Jackson, Ryan Fitzpatrick and that whole D is playing way better then what anyone ever expected.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll go 49ers since they didn't look anything close to a professional football team when the Texans played them the key 3rd week of the pre-season. They were so bad I refused to allow the game to influence my opinion of the Texans. Alex Smith was a complete and total disaster.

Watching their beat-down of the Bucs last Sunday just blew my mind. And reading how their players slather so much praise on Harbaugh surprises me too. That's why I half-jokingly refer to him as "Supercoach".

I assume most here remember Vic Fangio. He's their DC.

6. greenhippos

greenhippos Member

Went Bills myself, then it'd be 49ers, Lions. I don't recall the thread, want to say it's the Week 1 NFL thread, but I called it before the season started the Redskins would win 8 or 9 games minimum. One person thought it wasn't a bad assumption, but others took a poop on me.

[​IMG]

7. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

They're not playing that but have played well enough to win. Besides the Cowboys, their opposition has been crap.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

yeah, the bills have played well every game. the redskins are barely winning. detroit won its last what four games last season. they are not a surprise to me, even being 5-0

9. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

you can do this crap to any team.... weren't they behind by like 20 something points for 3 games straight??? They were getting blown out of the water by Vikes.... Cowboys...?

Are they really as "strong" as a 5-0 team even if they have a 5-0 record?

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Either Bills or Lions.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The 49ers, seemed to be the 3rd or 4th team in the weak NFC West with Alex Smih as a starter.

12. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

The redskins went from #31 defense last year to #6 now. That's an even crazier turnaround than the Packers did when they picked up Dom Capers. I thought Shanahan was losing it and ruined McNabb but he's making it work with his island of misfits in Grossman, Hightower, Moss and Gaffney.

And the sudden emergence of Fred Jackson too. The guy's 30 and just had his first 1000 yard year last year. He sort of embodies the pluck of that Buffalo team.

13. buffalobills!!!

Definitely the 49ers. They need a better safety, though. Donte Whitner sucks against the pass and caused their only loss. And I am kinda surprised at the fast start by my Bills, but not really at the same time. We were pretty competitive and should have gone 5-3 the last 8 games even with the worst (or one of the worst) rush defenses in league. It was the 0-8 start that blinded people who don't follow the team. I still think we are rebuilding, but this fast start is nice. I think our bad defense will start to catch up to us now, hopefully I am wrong.

14. buffalobills!!!

Freddy Jackson has always been a good back since he came into the league. He just never really had his chance to shine and be the #1 back till last year. Tough guy that definitely embodies Buffalo. Fights for extra yards even when he is getting mauled by two or three players.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Easily the 49ers. Nobody in their right minds think they would have this record. And I'm still doubtful they'll end up with more than 8-9 wins. Second would be the Cowboys. So much talent, and same results.

But watching how dominant the Packers are is also a sight to behold. Man, Aaron Rodgers and Co play like they will turn it on at anytime, even if they are down for most of the game. This team could be a dynasty, and Rodgers could ring together a historic stretch for the next 7-8 years. Wow.

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

can i do the crap that they won their last four last season? dude, you know your redskins are fool's gold. i just saw this post, not to pile on your impending loss.

17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

the forty niners weren't that bad before singletary imploded. you just need a little offense from them although last week's explosion was surprising

18. Ramu3

Ramu3 Member

Niners are 5-1 with games left in the "Really Tough" NFC West . Niners could easily win the division by few games and play for a Bye week in the playoffs.

19. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

May as well close the thread. After yesterday, Niners easily. Lot's of people were talking about the Lions before the season.