1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most polarizing current Rocket - per Clutchfans.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Nimo, Jun 10, 2015.

?

Most Polarizing Current Rocket Player

1. Josh Smith

95 vote(s)
    41.1%
  2. Donatas Motiejunas

15 vote(s)
    6.5%
  3. Dwight Howard

48 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. James Harden

41 vote(s)
    17.7%
  5. Patrick Beverly

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Sergio Llull

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  7. Jason Terry

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  8. KJ McDaniels

1 vote(s)
    0.4%
  9. Nick Johnson

4 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Corey Brewer

5 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yup, and what's funny is that he included a player not even on the roster, but not the obvious correct answer. It's pretty clear that he left Jones off because he didn't want people picking him.

2. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

OP said he didn't want to put jones because almost everyone on here wants him gone.

3. SemisolidSnake

It's got to be Smith. (Jones just need to go; he's had enough time to toughen up by now.) I feel divided even in my own mind about Josh. He's an excellent passer, and a creative coaching staff would exploit that to the max. We don't have that. He's an inconsistent three-shooter, a liability at the line, and he actually sees his role as taking a load of Harden when it comes to ball handling. No, Josh, please, stop that.

He's also singlehandedly won multiple games for us this season in fourth quarters. He can be aggressive and effective at rebounding and defense....or he may not be. And who knows (well, probably a lot of Clutchfans) what his contract situation will bring this offseason? He definitely has streaks of great veteran play, but he's a polar player, so I can't imagine why he wouldn't viewed by the fans in a polar manner. I want to believe in him, but I think a lot Josh's large potential is tied to our coaching staff using him in the most effective way and also fixing his flaws. Thaaaaaat, I have serious questions about.

4. GetThatLight

GetThatLight Member

The most polarizing current rocket is Kevin McHale.

1 person likes this.
  5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Dwight. Easily.

Grabbing 18 rebounds in pain along with sixteen or so points is not a regular center stat.

People love to hate him. I find his rebounding and rim protection to be the best in the league. If someone misses a shot, he gets is 9 out of 10 times.

Still, people want him to be Hakeem. He's not. But he is a force and is worth staying a Rocket.

People who still want Omer back instead are out of it.

LMA would be great, next to Dwight.

Chemistry though, fellas, chemistry.

7. BDswangHTX

BDswangHTX Member

I don't think some people here understand what polarizing means.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Definitely Josh Smith. I've got my issues with the guy, but I absolutely want him back next season. No way are we in the WCF without him. Hell, we would've had a tough time with Dallas had he not been around. Not to mention we would never have gotten the 2nd seed in the first place.

I look at him like this Rockets team's version of Mad Max. He's a streaky shooter, but he's also fearless, tough, and incredibly clutch.

9. Nimo

Nimo Member

That's my biggest lesson learned from starting this thread.

10. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

I hate Dwight. Only reason he grabs those rebounds is because he allows so many second chances by not positioning himself right -- and he'll grab the rebound after the 3rd and 4th missed shot.

11. mercy road

mercy road Member

True. But somehow I find those 60 games or so very very encouraging. He just blew away my expectations last season. I do not know if he is the back up Rockets center and starting power forward going into the future, but I would bet he is one or the other.

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Since Jones wasn't on this list, I voted for Motie -- as in Motijunas/Jones. The question of who should be the starter at 4 or who should be traded has been the most polarized debate of this season. Josh Smith might be hot-and-cold, but not polarizing.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's not even polarizing outside of clutchfans though. Which role player will start? Who cares

14. fonzie_004

fonzie_004 Member

r****ded comment is r****ded

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well someone just said

Crazy Jones fans still exist for whatever reason. It wasn't that long ago that we had numerous posters talking about him as if he was an all star in the making. Sure him being completely worthless for 95% of the playoffs yet again has put a dent in his fanbase, but he's still by far the most polarizing player on the roster. The fact that there would be this much debate about a 3rd string PF kind of proves that.