1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    It's Mavericks vs. Thunder in Game 1 of the West Semis. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Most annoying foods to eat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 14, 2001.

Tags:
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

I'm sitting here working late and I discovered a bag of sunflower seeds. I thought ok. I'm hungry. I need something. Well, whoever left these sunflower seeds for me was getting back at me for something. They are the most annoying thing to eat.

A. you must work to get the seed
    B. you then get this little bitty piece of nothing to swallow
    C. Then you get a mess of shells left behind
    D. Then you find out they have a lot of fat grams to boot.
    E. and finally you learn they have a lot of salt that makes you thirsty.

This food is the work of the devil. I've got to go home and get something real to eat.

What foods just annoy you to no end....

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

Anything you have to eat when you don't already have it in your fridge/pantry and it's 11:45 and you're drunk. ****ing Taco Bell always gets me that way.

3. mr_oily

mr_oily Member

Artichoke....totally annoying to scrape the meat off those thin little pieces between your teeth and get what? A little bit of tasty artichoke, what a tease!!!

4. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

anything that has to be shelled

Crab
    Crawfish
    Lobster
    Pistachios
    Coconut

5. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pomegranates

They're good, but oh so annoying to eat.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Sunflower seeds would have to be at the top. So much effort for so little reward and they're addictive.

Crawfish. I love 'em, but they rank a close 2nd to sunflower seeds in the worst reward/effort ratio.

8. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

PSJ and DoD, you're missing the point of sunflower seeds...They aren't meant to be "eaten". If you actually wanted to "eat" sunflower seeds, then you can easily go to the store and buy a bag of sunflower seeds already de-shelled.

Sunflower seeds are all about finding something to do to pass the time...I mean, why do you think they're so popular among baseball players and managers?? They have to find SOMETHING to do between innings...Chewing tobacco gives you cancer, bubble gum rots your teeth, so it all comes down to sunflower seeds.

Think about popcorn...has anybody actually ever gotten full off a bag of popcorn at the movies?? I know I haven't. The same thing goes with sunflower seeds. It's just a way to keep your hands and mouth busy (when your girlfriend isn't over) while watching TV, surfing the net, talking with your buds, etc...The only reason that movie theaters don't sell sunflower seeds is because the shells would get thrown all over the floor...

On a side note, my friend watches Astros games religiously on TV, and he goes through about two of those large bags of sunflower seeds per month. He used to eat them whole, shells and all, but soon discovered that the shells don't digest entirely, and he found out the hard way that the sharp edges of the shells really aren't that soothing on their way out

OUCH! Go go Gadget mineral oil!

As for my most annoying food, I'd have to go with spaghetti...I have never been able to eat a plate of spaghetti without breaking about five or six table manners...

9. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

Although they are about my favorite drinking food, I must say chicken wings! Messy, sloppy and all the good stuff but you do have to do alot of work for just a little meat!

10. Drewdog

Drewdog Contributing Member

CRAWFISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why the hell does anyone eat this?

1. It takes an hour to crack your way into something edible, and you have to eat 40 if you want to get full.

2. Suck the head??? There's yellow slime **** in there.

3. Eat the tail???? What tail? Again you have to get all the poop
    stuff off to get to a piece of meat the size of your pinky.

4. Not only do you get spicy mouth that wont go away with even a few beers, you get to feel the spicyness coming out the other end......fun

Total eating time: 2 hours
    Total tums needed: 4
    Ammount of Charmin needed in 24 hours: 2 rolls

I guess thats why most people are drunk when they eat this crap.

11. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Anything that has to do with FONDUE!

To much mess, to much energy!

12. Bookit

Bookit Member

How about Chee-tos? You walk around with orange fingers all day after you eat them. That Sucks!

13. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Have you tried the "Flaming Hot variety? Your fingers are red instead of orange, but ooohh, those are sooo good!

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Sunflower seeds are an activity as A-Train said....you are not eating them to get a snack or meal. If you are, you are in for disappointment.

They are fun to crack open and shell in your mouth, spit the shell, eat the seed......NEXT!

I use them to stay awake on long drives or road trips. Very effective.