1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mortgage Broker

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MiddleMan, Feb 17, 2010.

1. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

References or recommendations of a mortgage broker??
    With 5 years experience minimum, and a high percentage of previous satisfied borrowers. Thanks, looking to purchase a foreclosed home in North part of Harris county. Humble, Atascosita Spring, even Greenspoint.

Look at this beauty, already under contract. For $64,000 :eek: built in 2005. Need to get on the ball for another gem to invest in.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/822-Forest-Thicket-Ln-Houston-TX-77067/70312302_zpid/

[​IMG]

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Weeds and all, huh? ;)

Is it cool to post someone's "foreclosed" address on this here BBS, yo? :confused:

Jus' sayin', is all...

3. MiddleMan

Posted in Zillow, in which the public can view. Swoly-D you know this is a good deal.

4. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Not bad at all. It appears to be in pretty good shape from the pic on har.. There are alot of foreclosures in that area email me if you want a list ;)

5. J-Mac

J-Mac Member

Just bought it! Thanks for the heads up! :)

6. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Never trust the pics on har.

7. MiddleMan

You sir, got a hell of a deal!!! ;) With $50,000 of potential equity.

#7 MiddleMan, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

STAY AWAY from Chase. I used them and had to go up the ladder and keep yelling at supervisors to get anything done before my closing date. It's a common issue there. I'm happy with my terms, but getting it done was like trading TMac.

9. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

I hate PONTENTIAL equity. :(

But... seriously, man... the N key is so far away from the T and, in this case, only the second T requires an N before it... WHY, man?!?!!? WHyYYyyYyYy?!?!?!?! ;)

10. MiddleMan

Ouch!! I have chase and drop off my pre approval form yesterday. That is why I'm looking for a good mortgage broker to get me the best deal and have a person to person conversation.

11. MiddleMan

Fixed!!

12. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

It is not that easy right now to get investment loans for that small of an amount of money. Assuming you are putting down 25% you are looking for a loan of <$50K. You can find it but lots of banks don't mess with those in my experience. That house does look like it might make a nice rental, is this you first or are you going to try to resale it?

13. MiddleMan

20% down to avoid PMI and finance the rest for 15 years. Would be my first home, planning as my primary residence for 3 years, then it would become a rental. Plan is to pay off the principle balance within 6 years or less. Avoiding any pre-payment penalty.

14. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Oh i got ya, I thought you were getting an investment property loan for it. I am sure you already know, that will get you ~$6,400 of the first time home buyer credit.

Also pretty much none of the mortgages have prepayment penalties, but it is still a good question to ask. If you did not get a mortgage person send me an email through the board, my wife is a realtor and works with several pretty good ones and I can get you their contact information if you want.

15. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

Sent you an email.