1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morning after roll call: Everyone still here? ;-)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, May 3, 2018.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Idk what's to fight about.

The Rockets couldn't get anyone going. Open shots were falling well short. Seemed like CP3 struggled with his shot, although that's an eyeball comment. Jazz on the other hand, had several players playing above their typical level. Ingles is a great shooter but that was an impressive night for him. 27 pts when he averages 11. Small difference lol...Jae Crowder is shooting 3s like he's not a career 34% 3 point shooter. 8/13??? Which means he's due to miss about the next 10 he shoots. Mitchell is very talented but he got by on youth last night.

And I wear my tinfoil hat proudly at this point. So keep that in mind....but I knew that game was gonna be rough when Tony Brothers showed up. He shows up and you get people straight running into Harden and falling over and being rewarded for it. Funny how that always happens eh? Bulldog faced MFer always seems to be around when the Rockets lose.

My keys for game 3 are as follows:
    1. Make shots.

And this is basically where the analysis ends. Make the shots. Madden-esque commentary incoming, the Jazz won because they made shots and the Rockets lost because they didn't.

2. Defense.

Come up with steals, start the fast break and play Rockets style basketball. Oh really, offense and defense huh? Great analysis Derp.

Dopamine likes this.
  2. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

That's why its a 7 game series, everyone relax. Ingles isnt going to shoot like that again, we will make adjustment and not give him open looks.

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Remember when the Astros lost three games in Yankee stadium?

We’ll be alright.

topfive's_gf and BigMaloe like this.
  4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Still here. And just spent 15 minutes reading ESPN comments about Hardon THE CHOKER to really bring out the bile for game 3.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@DreamShook

6. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

It's all good people in checking in. Went to the game. Hung the **** over. But I'm not worried, I did have my big booty tinderoni with me

BigMaloe likes this.
  7. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Dare i say this was a lost we needed. Diversity is good

topfive's_gf likes this.
  8. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Got some butt after the game so I'm all good.

Daddy Long Legs and BigMaloe like this.
  9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm still here and looking forward to game 2. Hope we don't need 50% three point shooting to win.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if silver wants it to happen again this series it will. and 100% it will happen against GS

bulkatron likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Disappointed in the Rocket's demeanor, for about a month. They look entitled and complacent. They are either going to get it together or not. All we can do is watch. I find their attitude and performance hard to understand.

payaso likes this.
  12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'm looking forward to game 2 as well. of the WCF :D

Os Trigonum likes this.
  13. ktex

ktex Member

Still here but sadly feel like if we're fortunate enough to move on, we have no chance against the warriors. We simply aren't making our shots, the wide open ones, with any consistency. This doesn't bode well. Then cue the Lebronmania offseason, ugh.

14. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Still here. Still not officially worried. Some of their role guys played really well and ours didn't, similar to Game 3 against the Wolves.

The Rockets need a strong showing Friday, though. Really need to come out and establish that they're the better team.

15. xaos

xaos Member

rudy go?

16. jb86

jb86 Member

We need to start playing shut down defense. Because we score enough to win but the defense wasn't there.

17. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

To the whiners credit we haven’t experienced losing all that much this season so each one feels devastating.

I still remember how bad this team “actually was” according to ClutchFans during the 5 game losing streak. Lol

None the less it’s just 1 loss. We are going to sweep both Utah games. And I’m willing to tipjar bet that against any doubter.

18. leungevity

leungevity Member

Still lurking

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

What really worries me is that the poor shooting has been going on since Minnesota. The team was focused all year till home court was locked up. I want to be an optimist but it’s quite worrying at this point, especially when you see how Golden State is playing.

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I agree but that's the nature of a team that shoots a lot of jumpers - they tend to go hot and cold a little more often. On average, our method works out. We missed open shots - consider game 2 a "cold" game.

jevjnd likes this.