1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey Speaks! Welcome to Houston!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 3, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, we'll never find out,......are we.

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Nook likes this.
  3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

The old one that nobody laughs at anymore.

BeardNation13 likes this.
  4. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This is pretty random but for whatever reason that reminded me of one of the funniest things I've read on ClutchFans. It was when Carl Landry got shot in the leg in 3rd Ward, and someone here said, "I bet he took the bullet out and dunked it on the perp." :D:D:D:D:D

quikkag, Jake Tower and daywalker02 like this.
  5. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Williams McDowell-White has three last names? Well that is all I need to know.

6. tikwanleap

tikwanleap Contributing Member

7. solid

solid Contributing Member

The bottom of the barrel has been scrapped.

MIAGI99 and cheke64 like this.
  8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The one where the guy stupidly stands close to something he'd stuck in a cow patty? It was likely a cherry bomb. Very powerful. When I was a young fellow, we used have fun with cherry bombs around the 4th. Some of the most fun was getting model ships we'd built during the year, floating them in a drainage ditch, and then blowing them up. First we'd light cherry bombs and toss them. If you timed it right, it would look just like a shell fired from a battleship, or a bomb dropped by an aircraft. Very nice explosion and splash close to the ship. I blew up the Hood that way one summer. I guess that made me the Bismarck. ;-)

They've been illegal in Texas for many years.

quikkag, alethios and coachbadlee like this.
  9. Nimo

Nimo Member

Rockets: hold my beer

cheke64 and coachbadlee like this.
  10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

don grahamleone and harold bingo like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's from an outstanding flick, by the way. Anyone who hasn't seen it, should. There are scenes that are definitely not safe for work, but well worth seeing. Femme Fatale, 2002. I'll mention it in the "What Movie have You Seen Lately?" thread in Hangout later. It's often on Netflix, HBO, and the like.

[​IMG]

Mr Banderas is excellent! I wonder if he plays basketball? He'd have to play at the one. He's very short.

whozee likes this.
  12. Nook

Nook Member

Jesus Christ... How old are you? You and your friends actually built model ships?

Now kids just smoke weed and play video games and crank it to anime p*rn.

bobloblaw and harold bingo like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was doing that in the late '50's and very early '60's. Spotting a few Playboys in a dumpster at an apartment complex was gold. Most people had rotary phones and left their doors open during the day. The wives usually stayed at home with the children. Cell phones? They were the stuff of science fiction, if that. I remember reading .35 cent SF novels where the navigator was frantically figuring out the ship's course with a slide rule. Yeah, it was different.

whozee, quikkag and Nook like this.
  14. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

NEW MATH = NEW GOAL = NEW CHIP TYPE. Got it.

15. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Slogan next season:

Save Money for Tilman AT ALL COSTS.

16. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Better times if you ask me.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Some will likely laugh, but in many ways, it was. As a kid, I was barefoot all summer. No fire ants. My friends and I rode our bikes for miles around the area, and it was perfectly safe if you avoided the cars. A little older and driving, when I left the house in a car, no one knew where I was or what I was doing unless I telephoned, and that was a pay phone or at someone’s house. That was real freedom.

On weekends, our parents didn’t know where we were most of the time. Take a date to the drive-in for a movie and spend the time making time in the backseat. Go to Prince’s for a burger and a malt, and you were waited on by a girl in a little uniform and short skirt on skates, the malt coming with the frosted metal container it was made in, with the “extra.”

My cousin had a ‘56 Chevy souped up with an engine he built himself, with me helping. We often raced it at night against someone else on the streets you knew the cops rarely checked out. A couple of other cars full of guys and their dates watching. American Graffiti was clearly made by someone who lived it. Great times. I still know a few of my friends from back then. My cousin has been dead for over 30 years. Car wreck, yet I’m still around. Life is strange.

Morey ever sign anyone worth mentioning?

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Summer league small ball.

Little Bit likes this.
  20. vick

vick Member

This is what happens Morey when you tell a lie.