1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey should be responsible

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by davidxhz, Feb 5, 2009.

1. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

Piling up talents does not = Championship. The 04 Lakers with Kobe,Shaq,Karl Malone and Gary Payton has already proved it.

Morey is very talented in picking players who are undervalued in the draft and has great potential. But notice those guys he brought to our team, landry, brooks, wafer, all offensive minded players, and RA, an offensive minded coach. Artest is an exception, I thought he could help our defense and bring a little offense at the same time, but so far, he has proved me wrong.

I still remember back in the era of JVG, watching the rockets' games, we don't have much talent, but we played hard, especially on defense, we may sometimes choke on offense, but overall, we played hard, and there is chemistry between guys, especially on the defensive end.

Now with all the new guys coming in, so much talent, I don't see chemistry, especailly today's game, guys are not committing to each other, helping each other on defense, they are not pushing in the same direction.

Morey, please, fix it! Someone have to go..... I don't care who is to blame, but you have got the team here, do something

2. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

Contradictions in fact very simple to solve
    Orlando has been resolved at 2004
    “He brought us the number one sign”,Orlando‘s Fans say:

3. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I agree partly because the same Rockets had the 22 game W streak so that does prove close chemistry and relations.

On the other side there's a big difference between JVG Rockets and these Rockets but personally I like these Rockets more because it encourages players to share the ball.

Grizzlies were the mistake, they were on a bad foot last few months, losing all of their games, used as garbage can.

Somebody is going to pay that because they came out with a lot of motivation, especially OJ Mayo who is superb talent.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

overreact much???

5. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

This is very much an overreaction when considering what we started out with, Morey inherited almost nothing but a team with some players who are not even in the league anymore. I think that he's done pretty fine, and by the way, guys like Landry and Scola are absolute diamonds in the rough. We didn't have talent like this for a long time, much less mostly young talent like Brooks and Landry who are no less than quality role players that you can build a contender with. If we can't win with the high-priced players like McGrady and Ming that this team signed before he was here, that's not his fault, he's put the pieces around them.

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

so let me get this straight, You say the rockets played with passion when JVG was here, and now they dont...and that's Morey's fault??? You pretty much answered your own question there, it's the coaching. Morey doesn't coach guys, doesnt' decide who plays, who sits, who's injured. Please stoplooking for an escape goat, it's on the players and coaching.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There is nothing wrong with stockpiling talent, but it is indeed his job to fix it if the pieces do not fit.

DD

8. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Need an athletic 4 with length that can actually block some shots while playing with Adelmans small lineups. Its not rocket science and you don't need to be a metrics guru to figure it out. All the rocket 4s are pretty much the same.

9. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

This team gives you more hopes about playoff. Yes, they can lose to any team, but they can also beat any one. Their defense CAN be much better in the play off.

JVG's team, on the other hand, can beat lottery teams 9 out of 10 times, and lose to top teams 4 out of 5 times. If they end up winning the same number of games, I like the chance of the current team.

10. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

theres a fine line between it being Adelmans responsibility and Morey's.

Moreys job is to find talent that fits the team goals and bring it in. Then its up to Adelman to make it work. if Adelman can't make it work, then the pendulum swings back to Morey.

I think Morey has given Adelman until the all-star break to figure it out, otherwise we might see some dynamite.

11. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

It's his job as GM to stockpile talent.

It's the job of the coach to make it work.

It's the job of both the GM and coach to come up with a plan if the stockpiled talent doesn't work together. We're approaching this phase.

12. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

ROFL

Escape, goat, escape!

13. AggieDentist

AggieDentist Member

ROFLsaurus - "Escape goat?" hahaha..

14. onreego

onreego Member

Code for, Artest more than likely needs to go, add Rafer for a better pg.

15. redao

redao Member

I don't see the "talent" in Rockets team. They are still playing Rafer 30 minutes a night. They don't have even one superstar. They don't have a reliable player that can lead.

Morey needs to change this losing franchise, not to build on it.

16. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

In 2004,Orlando, we decided just to throw the contradictions
    Why do we not decided just to throw other teams contradictions?
    Do we really want Houston into WA

17. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Having too much talent is not an issue..

managing the right pieces is.

Chilcutt

18. hkcosser

hkcosser Member

Contradiction is actually very simple
    But you were fooled by some halo

19. burnnotice

burnnotice Rookie

It is Morey's fault, but for different reasons. He is bringing in the talent that Adelman wanted, just like he did when Van Gundy was here.

Rick Adelman wanted Luis Scola because he has a long sickening love affair with European players that don't play defense. They also matched Carl Landry when they knew he couldn't play a lick of defense and that they needed a Backup point guard a lot more than they needed a backup PF. They dealt Bobby Jackson for Artest, because Rick Adelman previously coached Artest. My guess is that Adelman had a dream one night and woke up in a cold sweat thinking about Ron Artest starting at Power Forward.

That $3 Million for Landry could have landed a solid backup point guard.

So, this is the cake that Rick Adelman baked.

20. rockability71

rockability71 Member

You must be having a very bitter life. Has your wife just run away with someone? Why are you still following this team anyway if you are so pissed?