1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More moderators on the forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Tenchi, Jan 19, 2015.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

DNA of Clutch City

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Golden stat already has our balls, might as well take our DNA.

#62 CCorn, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Golden State Sucks!!!...:eek:

Go Rockets!!!

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

You can say that again BamBam!

5. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

lol if Jontro was a mod, he would not only allow pics of topless girls, he would open a whole forum about it :p :grin:

6. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I also agree that we need a few more mods here. The Texans forum over the past year is a good example of this.

7. tinman

Supporting Member

anyone who insults the champion rockets teams aka clutch city should be excommunicated from a placed named after clutch city

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If only mods could rate threads, you couldn't operate a thread-rating system -- they don't have time to read through everything and pass a judgement. Besides which it'd defeat the object of crowd-sourcing in the first place. I know the rating system isn't perfect. People will sometimes rate based on the poster instead of the conversation. But, that's an argument for people to vote more, not less. If more people made it a habit to click the stars even when they don't have strong feelings about a thread, then ratings not based in the actual quality of the thread get drowned out.

More generally, I think there's a fine line between controlling for bad behavior and shutting down conversation. As much as Clutch gets accused for stifling free speech by people who got the ban-hammer, he's mostly very hands-off on letting people say what they want to say. I'm concerned that if the boards were cleaned up to the liking of some posters, that comfort to come and say what you're thinking would be impacted. I'm more comfortable with the proposition that this is an open marketplace; it has some rules, but mostly you have to look out for yourself. The anti-Chinese racism that we got with Lin needs to be reproved and discouraged, but a zero-incident standard is probably more discipline than we need. Besides which -- racist comments are particularly easy to police with the report button.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yeah, I've got nothing left for this topic. I've said my piece and in the end it comes down to the big man deciding he needs more help....

I never meant to come across as b****y or as an outright ass, they were written and meant to be read in a more matter-of-fact/just-the-facts-ma'am style.

I do, can, and have gotten pissed off when responding to others but in general even when my post comes across as pissed, Im really not.

It appears alot of the times nobody reads moderators warnings in thread, so sometimes I will be very emphatic with caps and spacing to help ensure what I am saying gets seen....and lots of time that comes across as pissed posting.

10. BamBam

That statement is a little confusing. Are you implying more mods are on the way or are you just saying it's whatever Clutch decides?

I know it can't be easy dealing with all of us, so I just want to say thanks for all the hard work!!...;)

#70 BamBam, Jan 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I'm pissed!

12. tinman

Supporting Member

we're ready , if Clutch tells the 99ers to "roll out"

[​IMG]

13. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Wow. I just went into that Lin thread for the first time in a long time.

I feel like that was the equivalent of going into an "adult" version of 4chan.

14. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

No confusion there, I have not talked to him about it so I have no feelers on if he feels we need more. I'm sure he has seen this thread and if he felt the need to respond, he would have already.

My opinion has been that if our members who know better would do their parts, more mods would not be needed. I spent alot of words to say something that simple, but thats me for ya.

15. BamBam

Gotcha. I share your opinion, I don't think more mods are necessary, regardless I'm fine with whatever Clutch decides! I've learned to ignore certain posters and report whenever I feel there is something really worth reporting. Thanks for responding!

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

the new mod has to be LPH member. I hear they keep it real. I know deep down, clutch is mirin

17. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

You're one of the posters that needs to be punished the most, actually. The number of threads you destroyed and turned into bi... fests whenever certain players are involved has to be in the high hundreds.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

Shut up Starstream

Sorry that the truth hurts
    [​IMG]

19. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Don't read comics, sry.

But guess your imaginary comic robot is better than mine, hurts.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Starscream* smdh

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.