1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

More moderators on the forums

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Tenchi, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Me and Jontro would take care of this. I'd also call up heyp, bigtexxx, basso, tinman, king1 and jopatmc as my mod minions.

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jontro would neg you for NOT posting NSFW material.

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's too busy fapping to neg rep me. Plus, I'm his soulbreh, he'd never hurt me.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I didn't know there were any active Lin threads to found on ClutchFans. If I see a Lin thread, I'm definitely not going to go in there. Why would anyone want to discuss Jeremy Lin nowadays?

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Stable?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

My first order of business as a Mod would be to blow the No Fap thread into oblivion.

Then I would hire my breh Yung-T and give him a high position at the company.

7. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Board doesnt need more mods, it needs more members who actually give a **** about the quality of the board.

Most members know the guidelines of what Clutch expects out of them, they choose not to abide by them for lulz or trolling purposes. Once yall can learn to use the report button and not respond to the odious ones, then you will find things will improve.

Also, keep in mind just because you personally find someone offensive, it doesnt mean we find it worth acting on. Its a fine line between censorship and freedom to say what you believe.

As for the benefits of being a mod, there arent any. Its alot of thankless work tryin to babysit people who for the most part dont want to be babysat. I do what little I can with the time I have simply because I do care about the board, but its like pissing in the ocean.

3 people like this.
  8. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is legitimate. Why is no one else on board with this?

9. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Because he is the GOATEST, duh.

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

LOL. Was thinking the same. heypartner is honest alright. Stable he is not.

Yep. Good posters need to post more. Bad posters need to post less.

1 person likes this.
  11. Ashes

Ashes Member

I think the current level of moderation is fine.

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I'm not trying to argue with you, but those are two somewhat contradicting statements.

You're saying you do what little you can in the time that you have. But then on the other hand claiming the board doesn't need more mods.

It seems like that would be exactly why the board would need more mods. Having another person or two doing whatever little they can in whatever time they have would equate to a few people covering the workload of one person or a few individuals. Seems like that would just decrease the work load of everyone and make "moderating" more effective.

Clutchfans has grown into a pretty huge thing. It also has the least moderators of any board I post on. There have been many times Clutch has mentioned a "troll" poster had not been removed that quickly because it is simply too hard to see everything.

More mods (1 or 2) would help with that. But like I said, Clutch will do whatever he wants. The site is great regardless.

#32 DudeWah, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  13. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

It is the most popular thread in the Dish in terms of replies AND views.

14. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

...and its a good way to keep tabs on tinman. :)

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I'm happy with how the board is being moderated. If you add more moderators, you always run a risk that they play with their newly found buttons way too much. The current moderators are doing a great job.

16. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Stop kissing up!

I also agree that they are doing a fabulous job!!...:grin:

1 person likes this.
  17. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

If we didn't care about the board then there wouldn't be a discussion about more mods. This board has grown pretty big since its inception. I've grown up reading this board year after year. There was a point where there was a lot of interesting basketball discussion. I remember when the YOFs crashed the board and Clutch had to have members donate because of bandwidth costs. Then he had to add the thread rating system because of how terrible the thread qualities were. I don't know what the technical details or cost of updating the forum would be, and maybe he already has that in his plans, but it could be time to change it again. If it is cost related then I'm sure the community would be willing to donate.

You said the forum doesn't need more mods yet you say you do what little you can with the time you have. Well if the load is that much then there are a lot of good community members who do care and are willing to help.

We could very well hit the report button but what is the point with the current reputation system we have in place? Those posters who troll have generally have two things, an enormous post count, and high reputation because of their trolling. Which means they've been allowed to post whatever they want for a long time. So why aren't we allowed negative rep as well as the positive.

Just because you don't personally find it offensive doesn't necessarily mean it isn't offensive. What's offensive to one person or another is based upon their own experiences. So more moderators could balance that out. Freedom of speech is a great and noble thing but this is a sports forum not Charlie Hebdo.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yeah, talking about how bad it has gotten is all and fine till I see the same people replying to posts that should not be responded to and spamming the threads with lulz pics and sarcastic digs at other members and other ways of crapping on threads.

yet then they turn around and complain because we dont moderate to their satisfaction.

I keep saying it, you guys know what not to do, if those of you who know better would act like it then more moderation would not be needed.

19. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I have an idea... Rockets2K come get your hands dirty with the Clutch Community, and show these other mods who's the boss up in here. :cool:

#39 Roc Paint, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. MamboRock

MamboRock Member

What is ironic is that Jocar is actually an Asian. IIRC, he is Filipino.

And I believe some of the anti-LOF regulars in the Lin thread are Asians too.

So it is not strictly an Asian Vs non-Asians issue.

The hatred between fellow Asians towards each other is eye-popping. Perhaps it is due to political reason.