1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MOOCH Insurance?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FLAGRANT1, Aug 22, 2001.

1. Sane

Sane Member

How about David Vanterpool?

He had one or two big games to go along with a awhole bunch of consistent performances for the Wizards last season. He seems like a hard working, do what's told type of person..

What do you guys think?

2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Topics good, the way you laid it out wasn't.

First, I really hope we sign Moochie. As has been elaborated many times before he fits with his up tempo, hi hair, in-your-face game.

If we don't, then we'll need a couple of back-up guards and there will probably have to be a trade made. I don't see many free agents left that appeal...OK maybe Shammond, but I heard he's signing w/SEA soon.

Kelly's OK, but not ready for prime time yet in my book. He's plays great D, but needs work on his ball-handling, passing, and outside shooting.

If Moochie signs I'd like us to get either a young vet that is a hybrid 1/2 or a older vet that has certain key skills (either killer D, great 3pt shooter, etc.). Maloney may fit as a back-up to Cat, but I've never liked him at PG...although he'd fit the hybrid young vet.

Isn't Mario Elle floating around still? If he's healthy, he'd be a nice Cat back-up and veteran leader to add if we ditch Wiz. I'll have to think about other possibilities.

3. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Its kinda hard to get minutes playing behind Cassell:rolleyes:

4. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Uh yeah sure:rolleyes: You all must not know who he is.

5. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Is Sammie, by your logic, a better player then than Steve Francis?

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You all must not know who he is.

Yes we do. He's essentially a street baller from Rucker Park playing in the NBA. There's a reason those players aren't in the NBA.

7. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

That dude has some sick moves. If only he could be on a team where he could get some quality minutes. At Fresno State he averaged 18 and 6.

8. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

No way. But Sammy is one of the top points in the NBA to me which is why Rafer can't get any playing time.

9. Tolpatcsh Verkinder

Francis is one of the top points in the NBA, yet Moochie still manages to get minutes.

"Skip to my Lou" is fun to watch on the blacktop, but not that great in the NBA.

10. Lil Francis

Lil Francis Member

Yeah but what Im saying is if you watch his game real closely you can tell he can be a real factor in the NBA. In college he kept his game under control and he could be the next hidden secret just like Moochie.