1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monta Ellis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Troy Brooks, Oct 20, 2017.

1. hakeemthagreat

Lol. He got dunked on because he was terribly late on his rotation, something you credit him for being good at. He also fumbled a pass from Chris Paul & airballed a wide open 3. Dude Qi sucks. I'm 100% sure there are other young big man better than Qi out there. This is more about appeasing our huge asian fan base

2. macan

macan Member

what about that dude in CBA? can't remember his name..jimmer federkdajgiewa something..

3. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I just don't see any other options. Ellis is much better than Bobby brown and co. Gordon has not really shown he is capable of running an offense. Cp3 cannot stay healthy and being the only ball handler on the team now I don't see many other choices. What do you suggest? Gordon run the offense?

4. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Can you just pluck them from China? Or do we have to wait until their season is over

5. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

IDK tbh. I haven't looked at the best FA's available. I just don't see Ellis succeeding on this team.

6. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But we didn't...so now we need to make a plan

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

I think that answers your initial question of why we are discussing him. He just might be the best available option.

8. hakeemthagreat

Huh? Lol. Dude the difference is Howard & Wallace came in blocking EVERYTHING. They challenged every shot & eventually got dunked on by great players. Who the hell is Tomas Satoransky? (The scrub that dunked on Qi)

Monte Ellis is a decent option, especially since Hardens out. Cut Qi sign Ellis

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've been wondering the same thing. I think they are contractually required to finish the season over there, but I'd love to be wrong.

10. macan

macan Member

i recall that's how we got Josh Smith or Beasiley back when he was playing in China for a while and we picked him up in the middle of the season. Not sure about the contract situation in CBA

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

The results of the poll are inconclusive

DonKnock likes this.
  12. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Who else is available? There's also the possibility we trade for a backup guard.

13. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

CP3 yakked on Dwight dude. Stop judging based on him getting dunked on.

Explain why monta is a decent option. What does he do that fit's our system?

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I was thinking that perhaps they include a requirement that a player finish a Chinese season in every contract, but it could be that each contract has that negotiated with the player and his agent. Inquiring minds would like to know!

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Not many guys available. In my initial post I said "unless we can swing a trade". But it takes two to tango and who do we want to burn our assets on when teams aren't selling? I'm not sure the rules on if you can just take guys from China or not

16. Le$$

Le$$ Member

17. hakeemthagreat

Well, let's start with he's a true scorer. He can create his own shot off the dribble & finish at the rim. He's similar to Beasley in that he can score but is not a particularly good 3pt shooter. However he can penetrate & get to the rim at will. In a MDA offense that's a valuable weapon given all the space in the paint

18. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Morey freaking booted Canaan off this team for Bobby Brown.

19. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

We need a 2018 version of Von Wafer.

20. edwardc

edwardc Member

That would be a good move at this point he still will go to the basket .