1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monta Ellis?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Troy Brooks, Oct 20, 2017.

1. MrSabotage

MrSabotage Member

31% career three point shooter. As another ballhandler/shot creator, could be somewhat useful if Harden or Paul is injured but other than that not really seeing a fit.

amaru likes this.
  2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Cut brown, sign Ellis. He can be instant offense off the bench.

mockster and Pen15clubber like this.
  3. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Anderson, Ariza, Gordon, Harden. All bad defenders(Ariza is when overplayed).

The standard is beating GS, yes? How does Monta freaking Ellis come close to accomplishing that? The Rockets have very few problems scoring points. They just gave up 142 points and people are talking about bring on a terrible defender who hasn't been good in years.

And I'm crazy?

napalm06 likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

If hes not b hes should be ultimately sub in ________________ FOR RYAN ANDERSON!.

j/k

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That would be a terrible trade lol...

Essentially we’d have traded dekker, Anderson and zhou for Paul and Jordan...

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

For sure we need a poor man's Iverson on the wrong side of 30.

But seriously, would much rather have Paul and Gordon split the ball handling duties until Harden gets back.

7. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

But what if cp3 goes down? Cp3 hasn't been the main ball handler and hasn't been able to stay healthy as the second option.

8. mockster

mockster Member

Your missing the point

We still lack solid ball dribblers and players that can create for themselves if needed.

Nobody is saying he’s a savior but I think he would be a solid backup for our roster who could possibly play 5-20 mins on any given night

Also I doubt he’s anymore of a liability on defense then Bobby Brown

#48 mockster, Jan 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    Pen15clubber likes this.
  9. CallMeTheDream

Don’t agree but you made me laugh lol

10. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Have you watched him play and do you actually know how to evaluate a player on the defensive end? He has an idea of where he needs to be on the defensive end. You look at a lot of young bigs and they look totally lost on the defensive end (talking to you KAT). He has long arms and has already shown his potential as a shot blocker. He needs to bulk up a ton, get better on the offensive end, and learn how to play better team defense but he has the potential to be a solid player in this league. You don't cut him for a guy that does not fit our system whatsoever.

And I'm not Asian nor Asian American. I can just see that he's a player that could be valuable for the rockets in the long term if he fulfill his potential as opposed to an aging vet who does nothing for us.

11. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

12. hakeemthagreat

Do you watch any games?

13. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

American

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He was a bit late, but he was there to contest the dunk. I don't see how that shows he's bad defensively in terms of positions.

Would it be better if he let the guy have an open dunk

15. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

Played basketball and watched the nba for well over a decade now. You showing him getting dunked on doesn't mean he doesn't have potential as an NBA big

Dwight Howard 3x DOTY

Ben Wallace 4x DOTY

The list goes on. If you play defense in the NBA you are going to eventually get crossed and/or dunked on. I'm not saying Zhou will be as good as those guys but using a highlight of him getting dunked on as evidence of him being a bad defender is ridiculous.

16. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

[​IMG]

CP34MVP likes this.
  17. amaru

amaru Member

Harden IS hurt lol

Pen15clubber likes this.
  18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Move Gordon to the starting lineup in harden's spot. Ellis runs the bench unit. I don't see a better option unless we can swing a trade.

19. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

explain this infatuation with Monta; I get he was able to get buckets in the past but he's a terrible shooter, not great around the basket, and he's a terrible defender. I don't see where he would fit in with this team.

20. CP34MVP

CP34MVP Member

If we were looking for a tertiary playmaker we should have signed Jameer Nelson. He's a career 37% 3 pt shooter and he'd excel being our 4th guard off the bench along side EG. He'd also be able to play some off guard with either Harden or CP3 in the lineup.