1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Monta Ellis Have It All

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FearTheBeardJH, Dec 30, 2012.

Tags:
  1. FearTheBeardJH

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7G9yS2-x5sA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Hall of Famer.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

gotta have confidence when your taking shot attempts like kobe. but yea :rolleyes:

4. WinorLoseMate

WinorLoseMate Member

I was watching him play against the Pistons on TV today and I think it is clear he is a better player than Wade now. He was responsible for more than half the Bucks points with 30 pts and 9 asts while also bringing them back in the fourth quarter when they were behind 10. He's really good and I think a few of you are under estimating his game (No insult to Wade, who I think is still a GREAT player in the league. I just think Ellis is better now).

5. meh

meh Contributing Member

One underrated positive side effect of the Harden trade is that clutchfans has finally stopped sucking on Monte Elllis' nuts. I can't believe so many people wanted this loser for so long. GSW are playing the best basketball in years after trading him for essentially "nothing" so far as Bogut's injured.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

You're basing it off one game? He's shooting a worse % than Lin (both FG and 3pt) for the season.

7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

A lot of Bucks fans dislike him.

8. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

So would you say Monta Ellis have it all?

And would you say Monta Ellis don't have it all?

9. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

GSW w/ Ellis: perennial lotto team

GSW w/o Ellis: playoff contender

Keep in mind Boguts only played 4 games this season, so they aren't even winning because of Bogut. Just the subtraction of Ellis has made them beastly.

10. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

Monta, is that you?

11. hooroo

hooroo Member

I'm not a Ellis fan, was/still am against trading for him, but a lot of GSW's success has to do with Lee living up to his contract for the first time.

12. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Not to mention Jack and Landry are playing really well. Thompson and Barnes are a factor too.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

GS got better by trading him for an inactive player, Milwaukee got worse out of that same trade....lol

14. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

The Bucks didn't get worse, they were 19-24 before the trade, then they went 12-9 with Monta but that wasn't enough to make the playoffs. This year they are strongly above .500 with Monta again.

Monta is no all star like he was perceived some years ago, but he's still better than nothing.

And the Warriors were decent with Monta last year, 16-20. And keep in mind, Curry missed half of those games, so it wasn't a good roster.
    This year, they have David Lee playing defense for the first time in his career, they have healthy Curry, they already had a good replacement for Monta in Klay Thompson, Harrison Barnes has been solid. There are many reasons why they are so much better.

15. 713

713 Member

713 hates people who refer to themselves in 3rd person...

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Seriously! It drives me crazy. Listen -- we get it, you're especially gifted at sports and you have money. That doesn't make you any more important than anyone else in the grand scheme of things. I can't stand people that think they're so important in life that they need to refer to themselves by saying their own name. Like they don't get tired of hearing it.

In other words Monta Ellis have it all, except an accurate value of importance. Oh, and he is very good at putting up numbers on terrible teams. Only chance he ever has of winning is to tag along on a contender someday when he realizes how wrong he is.

17. Asian Sensation

Really?? Steph Curry being healthy, David Lee playing as well as he ever has, and a good new coach have nothing to do with it right? With Klay Thompson... Monta Ellis became expendable but I think he's a much better player and the Warriors would be playing equally well with Ellis instead of Thompson although Thompson may be a better fit because of his 3 pt shooting.

I don't have a problem with what Monta said anyways... He's a baller and you got to believe in yourself and think like you're the best. PS the Bucks are 3 games above .500 with Monta as their best player. BUCKS w/ Ellis= playoff contender.

18. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Was he trolling?

19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

"Just" the subtraction of Ellis? Do you follow this team? The Warriors' success has been way, way more because

* Stephen Curry staying healthy and putting up top 5 PG numbers in the process

* The ridiculously good season David Lee has been having

* The bench depth the Warriors have added with guys like Jarrett Jack and former Rocket Carl Landry

...than it ever was about the subtraction of Monta Ellis.

20. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Hmm, Asian Sensation covered most of that already. :(

BeeBeard awaaaaayyyyyyy