1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Molly on Fire! No to Hillary!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by rimrocker, Jan 20, 2006.

1. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Even though I thought the to-do over "plantation" was a bit much given the historyof the word in our recent politics, I'm no fan of Hillary and I hope she doesn't run. Molly's a bit more fired up about the idea...

2. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The plantation stuff was bs. Hilliary is a gutless warmongerer who should not be supported by reals Dems. No to Hiliary.

Hopefully we don't have a choice next time of two warmongerers like Hilary and McCain.

Surprisingly she is not even liked by the GOP types who love GOP lite types like Joe Lieberman.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Bless you, Molly. This, folks, is a Democrat.

Keep D&D Civil.

4. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

Not too many democrates left, if you filter out all the ex war-supporters. Dumping Dean was the biggest mistake at the time. Down-playing Dean's stands by some prime Democrates now might be even a bigger mistake.

5. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Go Molly go!

6. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

Hillary will sell her soul to the devil to win elections, I would never support such a candidate regardless of their party affiliation. She has no convictions and she is merely interested in positioning herself on issues so as to build her 'resume' for the upcoming presidential election.

I would much rather a Guiliani or any other moderate Conservative in the Republican party or even a liberal with convictions...I know, I am asking a lot.

7. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lotsa love for Molly. No love for Hillary.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Wow.

They should breed mini-Mollies for spine transplants for all Democrat leaders.

9. surrender

surrender Member

I'm a flaming lefty and there's no way I'd vote for Hillary. Her pandering to family groups by pushing video game censorship is disgusting.

10. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Inspired by Eugene McCarthy? :rolleyes:

11. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

If Clutch fans of D&D provide a microscopic view of voting demograph, Hillary surely has no chance of winning. Although still early, I have yet seen any left leaning Clutch fan stating openly he/she would support Hillary in her run for the Prez.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've never cared much for her, aside from realizing that she was an excellent campaigner beside her husband, compared to what we usually see. I was very impressed seeing them together at campaign rallies in '92, in person.

As a Senator? I think she represents New York very well, and should stick to that. The times I've been intrigued with the possibility of her running for the Presidency, which hasn't happened much (the being intrigued part), it was because I saw it as a way for Bill to return to office as the person behind her, doing the heavy lifting. That's a pretty thin basis for supporting someone's run for the highest office of our country.

Keep D&D Civil.

13. rimrocker

I concur. Her support is thin. As I read somewhere recently, she's a moderate who everyone thinks is a liberal, which is definitely not the best combo. Still, she has a network, the Clinton name, money, and celebrity. Even though I will support her if she gets the nomination and even though I will defend her against stupid GOP slurs, I hope she recognizes that an attempt by her at the nomination will prove detrimental to the party and her reputation. (There would be an entertainment factor to her becoming President, as we would be treated to no end of wingnut heads exploding... and then as tragedy follow farce, 4 more years of Whitewater type smears.) She's already assured a place in the history books. I hope she has the good grace to stay away. This is not the right time for Hillary.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

It's the lack of a real challenger that's feeding Hillary's delusion.

15. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

No, it's not. It's a feeling that she can beat any potential challenger.

Here are the challengers:

Edwards, Clark, Kerry, Bayh, Vilsack, Warner, Feingold, Biden, Richardson.

And that's just the ones who seem to be definitely running. You can add Gore and Obama to that list, at least, if you want to speculate.

Every person on that list has a claim to being a "real" challenger for the nomination and for the presidency. That's not what's feeding Hillary. What's feeding her is the media story of inevitability (ridiculous at this point when all polls are reflections of name ID) and Bill's arrogance in thinking if someone listens to him they can't lose.

I like Hillary. And I love the idea of a woman president. If she would stand up for what she actually believed in instead of running this silly DLC shell game, I'd probably be for her. But then, if Bill Clinton had done that I might have been for him. I never was, and that's why. At the least, Hillary ought to have beaten Edwards to the punch in admitting the mistake of supporting the war. She didn't. Not only that, she continues to defend the war. This, at a time when the majority of Americans believe it to have been a mistake. As the primaries go, I'm supporting only candidates that knew it to have been a sham from the start. (After all, I did. And I'm not that bright.) I'm also giving a secondary bye to ones who've admitted their mistake on the war, as I think the admission of such a major mistake is a tough but important thing to do and it ought to be rewarded. Ones like HRC and Biden can get bent. It's a serious race as to whether they're wrecking the party or the country faster.

16. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

Strategically speaking, Hillary's pandering to the moderates and conservatives is idiotic. Conservatives hate, that's right, HATE her. She won't win any votes from them even if she starts picketing abortion clinics and enlisting Chelsey in Iraq.

As for the moderates, well, they're an interesting lot. The moderate swing voters are willing to vote for a candidate they do not completely agree with, as long as they can sense that the candidate is a "good person" whose political views are a product of personal conviction instead of political expediency.

A lot of moderates I know liked Bush in the first election, not because they are pro-life or pro-taxcuts, but because they thought Bush was the genuine article.

Hillary doesn't have that sort of resonnance with the swing voters. They think she is a calculating cold b****.

17. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

They don't.

18. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

I'm surprised at the anti-Hillary venom from democrats/liberals on this forum. As a non-Democrat, I've always thought the nomination was hers for the taking. Come to think of it, my brother and sister, who are both democrats (but very different from each other), are also very lukewarm about her.

2008 could be quite the free-for-all. The Dems are at war with themselves and can't decide on what they want to be. I feel the GOP is in the same boat because NOBODY will want to take up the Bush mantle and whoever is the nominee will be closer to the center.

19. rimrocker

I don't think so. I suspect the folks that wield the real power in this administration are loathe to give it up and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone further to the right than W. Somebody like McCain has a tough, tough road... he's a little bit nuts and tends to think for himself on occasion... a trait not appreciated by the power and money guys running the current cabal.

20. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Molly nails it once again.